Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

dcsuperheroes1.png
The latest release in the popular LEGO video game series from Warner Bros. Entertainment and TT Games, LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes, has arrived in the iOS App Store.

The Mac version of the game, "LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes", was released last year. Like other iOS versions of LEGO games, the game has many of the same features of the Mac version but includes two iOS control styles in "Classic" and "Touch Screen."

This also marks the first time a LEGO game on an iOS device has featured voice acting. Previously, LEGO games for the platform used pantomiming characters to express story elements.

Our sister-site TouchArcade has an overview of the gameplay:
You'll run around doing 3D platforming and light puzzle solving, all the while beating up on both bad guys and objects and then collecting the sweet, sweet Lego studs that are left behind, which are then used to buy different characters and other goodies. Lego Batman: DC Super Heroesboasts an 80 character roster, and not surprisingly it looks like you can buy studs as IAP if you desire.
LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes is a universal app available in the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes' Hits iOS App Store

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Well.....

some more options of things to buy for an iPhone. Good combination: LEGO plus Batman. In the likes of LEGO plus LORT and LEGO and Star Wars....(too many toys?.....:eek:)

:):apple:

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Hopefully

You're complaining about this being 1.3GB? I want a 5GB game. Hopefully we will all be able to play more than a handful of console quality games before our iOS is extinct....

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
You're complaining about this being 1.3GB? I want a 5GB game. Hopefully we will all be able to play more than a handful of console quality games before our iOS is extinct....

1. No one wants a 5GB-10GB game on their iOS device.

2. No one wants to pay for a $30 game on the App Store.

If you want to play games, play it on a PC or console.

iOS will never be equally matched against them.

evilguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
We have most of the Lego games on PlayStation 3, and the kids love the games very much. They can play the games them self without any help.

So it was a nobrainer to buy this game and have the kids (age 5 and 7) play it on our iPad mini.

But the game is too difficult for the kids to figure out, so I will not recommend this game to younger kids.

Love the Lego games but this one was a waste of money :(

nancyfromafrica

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Johannesburg
Lego Batman is one popular game on ps3 and xbox having it on iPhone will surely help warner brother's get more fans and help them make more money. Even the price of 5$ sounds reasonable. :apple:

rfahey

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
We have most of the Lego games on PlayStation 3, and the kids love the games very much. They can play the games them self without any help.

So it was a nobrainer to buy this game and have the kids (age 5 and 7) play it on our iPad mini.

But the game is too difficult for the kids to figure out, so I will not recommend this game to younger kids.

Love the Lego games but this one was a waste of money :(

I have a 4 and 7 y/o that love to play Lego batman in our Nintendo wii. Both took lot the ios version of the game like a duck to water. I d hear them asking each other how they solved certain puzzles (they each play on my wife and my old re-purposes iPhone 4S), but they aren't bothering there parents for help with the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.