Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I just received my Galaxy S4 today. Besides the display, my favorite feature is definitely Air View.

Besides Calendar, Messages, Gallery, Browser, and Flipboard do any other apps support this feature yet? 1st or 3rd party?

Thank you.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I just received my Galaxy S4 today. Besides the display, my favorite feature is definitely Air View.

Besides Calendar, Messages, Gallery, Browser, and Flipboard do any other apps support this feature yet? 1st or 3rd party?

Thank you.

Not sure but I thought of a great use for air view. Like when your eating and your hands are dirty but you want to see a text someone sent you. It definitely is useful for that.

Vizio

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012

Thank you.

How is the eye scroll feature?

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
How is the eye scroll feature?

Most of the "gimmicky" features work really well, I'd say Smart Scroll is the most buggy. It does work but you can't control the speed, etc. I can't really see anymore using it more than just to show the feature off. Air View works very well, so does the "swipe while screen is locked" feature.

I'm coming from a Note 2 to S4 and I love it. The screen is noticeably better (and I thought the Note 2 was a huge improvement over the S3). You really can't tell that this display is PenTile.

I own a Retina MBP, Retina iPad, and previously owned an iPhone 5. The S4's display is on par with all of them.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Air View was very gimmicky for me tbh.

I do not see the benefit of hovering my finger over something for a second or two until it recognises that I am doing so before showing me tiny little bit of expanded info that doesn't reveal much more than the shortened before it, I found it just as quick to press the screen, get the info and press back.

Different strokes for different folks though.

Smart Scroll is the worst implemented however.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
How long does the battery last for continues 3g surfing and continues 3d gaming?
Could someone tell me this?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I hope people know that you can also tilt the device to use the eye-scroll feature...

You don't necessarily have to move your actual head/neck...

Just saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.