Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Nice to see he finally got a proper desk..

I like his videos but his setup is a bit over the top.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan

Yeah, I posted a link to his room-tour some time back. He's certainly interested in bling-factors. A lot better than doing drugs or nicking other people's goods for sure tho - so no objections here!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
That is one heck of a setup....I too would love it for X-Plane...The visuals alone would be worth the investment...

Now...Who wants to buy a brand new maxed out Imac 27"

Oh, wait...no new Pro yet.:)

DonMega

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007

Over the top AND still lacking. Why do all of that and leave the computer on the floor? Get a Sonnet bracket and hang it under the desk. I also think the computer is on the wrong side. It should be on the left so he has access to the door to get inside without having to move the computer.

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
3 of those displays are Dell's. That sucks. Then again, Apple Display's kind of suck too. Not my cup of tea. Day trader wank-fest right there. Complete with the pony-tail.
Rather have 1 Eizo CG276. Or 2:D

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Over the top AND still lacking. Why do all of that and leave the computer on the floor? Get a Sonnet bracket and hang it under the desk. I also think the computer is on the wrong side. It should be on the left so he has access to the door to get inside without having to move the computer.

True, but from the look of it he's a day trader, and won't be going inside of the tower . . . . . . EVER. Hopefully he maxed out the RAM and put some SSDs inside. Otherwise, I agree. Setting a workstation up so the panel is blocked off is a big no-no.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
True, but from the look of it he's a day trader, and won't be going inside of the tower . . . . . . EVER. Hopefully he maxed out the RAM and put some SSDs inside. Otherwise, I agree. Setting a workstation up so the panel is blocked off is a big no-no.

What is my job and how do i make my money

From one of his other YouTube videos he says that he uses that setup for Spread Betting. His 8 -5 job is implementing virtual environments/infrastructures. Given what it takes to do that I have no doubt that he is fully capable of upgrading the internals of his Mac Pro. He also mentions that he is part of Honey Management. I am not sure if that is the correct link or not since I just Googled "Honey Management".

Last edited:

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
What is that? In simple nub words.

Designing and installing VMware (ESXi, vSphere, and vCenter), Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix. Usually involves high end servers, SANs, and the networking to make it happen. Virtualized server environments make it so you can run tens, hundreds, or even thousands of servers on a single powerful host server. It also allows you to have servers move between hosts for connivence during maintenance or upgrades and for hardware failure.

I deal a lot with VMware and thankfully not so much with Hyper-V anymore.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
3 of those displays are Dell's. That sucks. Then again, Apple Display's kind of suck too. Not my cup of tea. Day trader wank-fest right there. Complete with the pony-tail.
Rather have 1 Eizo CG276. Or 2:D

That would a very expensive setup.

I deal a lot with VMware and thankfully not so much with Hyper-V anymore.

I actually wanted to learn more about that a couple years ago, but lack of appropriate testing hardware killed that. ESXi seems cool though. I've been through a couple books on it.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
What is that? In simple nub words.

He works for a cable company.

----------

Very good points, especially about the access panel facing the wrong way.
I hope nothing breaks, because it looks like a pain in the ass to service anything.

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
Not sure how useful that would be but it WOULD be nice to maximize my browser and not have to scroll as far through one of Decontruct60's replies!

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
I won't be impressed until computer monitors fill half the room like when the guy on Idiocracy is watching "Ow, My Balls!"

multimonitor.jpg

Or maybe three of these:

athens-multiple-monitors.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.