Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gc15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I thought thew new version of the facebook app was suppose to fix some of the major problems the older versions had. Sometimes this app never even works for me, for example it just crashes and is just slow. Also at times it doesnt even load updates correctly, like it could update and it will show stuff from yesterday. Im just wondering if everyone else's app is like this as well.

sorry for posting this here, i did not know there was a specific section for third party apps and i will be moving my thread to the correct one. If i could delete this thread i would, if you want just ignore this.

Last edited:

l0renz

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2012
What iPad do you have? What iOS version? It's buttery smooth on my 4th generation iPad; never crashes as well.

I have the 4th gen iPad too, though I'm having the same problem sometimes, the app randomly crashes... But I'm not too annoyed about it

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.

jljue

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
Brandon, MS
I noticed the same issue on my iPad 2, running iOS 6.1.3--locking up, crashing, not opening comments, etc. my iPhone 5 ran without problems on the same version of Facebook. I ended up deleting the app on the iPad and then reinstalling to make work again. So far, running fine after the reinstall.

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I noticed a massive improvement in the update. Try deleting it and reinstalling, that's weird it's worse for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.