Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I just bought a new, sealed in the box Nexus 4 32 gig from eBay. Only $250. I'm not gonna be able to save up the 650 for a new HTC Dna, so I guess this will be just as good.

Can NOT wait to get this thing. Even though I am not a fan of Samsung phones, I wanted a Nexus device for Verizon because I didn't want the crapware bloatware with a new phone.

Attachments

• Nexus.JPG
    Nexus.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
congrats, I've always been a fan of the Nexus family, mostly because you get a vanilla version of android and you get the OS first (at least not waiting until Samsung releases it).

Borealis

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2009
Singapore
The box in your picture says 'Galaxy Nexus' and not Nexus 4.:confused:

Nexus 4 (current Nexus) - made by LG.
Galaxy Nexus (preceding Nexus) - made by Samsung.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
As far as I know , the Verizon GNex gets its updates from Verizon, not from Google. So you'll still be dependent on Verizon for updates.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
As far as I know , the Verizon GNex gets its updates from Verizon, not from Google. So you'll still be dependent on Verizon for updates.

This is correct. OP, you probably should've done some more reading before buying. You're still a slave to Verizon for updates (of which it's possible there may not be any more for this phone, since it's the older model and Verizon could care less about keeping these up to date). Plus, the price paid was definitely too high.

Good luck with it, though, and I hope you enjoy it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I just bought a new, sealed in the box Nexus 4 32 gig from eBay. Only $250. I'm not gonna be able to save up the 650 for a new HTC Dna, so I guess this will be just as good.

Can NOT wait to get this thing. Even though I am not a fan of Samsung phones, I wanted a Nexus device for Verizon because I didn't want the crapware bloatware with a new phone.

Enjoy your phone;)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
What's surprising is "new in the box" Verizon Galaxy nexus. 32gb model.

Verizon I believe stopped offering 32GB model last year and quietly started selling the 16gb model. This happened around the time they quietly started reducing the galaxy nexus 2 year contract price from $299 down to $199 than down to $99.

It's a sneaky way Verizon reduced cost by selling u a reduced storage galaxy nexus.

So very surprised you could find a new in the box 32gb verizon galaxy nexus.

So they haven't offered the 32GB model for over 7 months. How did eBay person get a new in the box 32 GB model?

http://www.cultofandroid.com/21815/samsung-galaxy-nexus-lte-has-been-discontinued-by-verizon/

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
What's surprising is "new in the box" Verizon Galaxy nexus. 32gb model.

Verizon I believe stopped offering 32GB model last year and quietly started selling the 16gb model. This happened around the time they quietly started reducing the galaxy nexus 2 year contract price from $299 down to $199 than down to $99.

It's a sneaky way Verizon reduced cost by selling u a reduced storage galaxy nexus.

So very surprised you could find a new in the box 32gb verizon galaxy nexus.

So they haven't offered the 32GB model for over 7 months. How did eBay person get a new in the box 32 GB model?

http://www.cultofandroid.com/21815/samsung-galaxy-nexus-lte-has-been-discontinued-by-verizon/

Looks like my suspicions have almost been confirmed! That is not a Verizon Galaxy Nexus box. It's the GSM/unlocked Galaxy Nexus box. A Verizon Galaxy Nexus comes in a simple white box with some text on the back and the Verizon and Galaxy Nexus or something in white so it's hard to see.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
ugh, i picked up a verizon galaxy nexus last summer and got rid of it a month later. worst battery life ever. good luck, op.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.