Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsmacs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
SK
Does the iPhone have a "PhotoSphere" like program? I recall reading it somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks.

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
I don't think it's build into the iOS, but I believe there are a lot of 3rd party apps you can download that would do what your looking for. Apple just started Panoramic shooting, something Android has had for yrs.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Tried this, it's ok but first test came up a bit rough, got to try outdoors next

To be honest I've never been able to get a Photosphere to come out without some weird distortion on my Nexus 4. I don't think there's a fool-proof way of doing it at the moment on any phone.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
To be honest I've never been able to get a Photosphere to come out without some weird distortion on my Nexus 4. I don't think there's a fool-proof way of doing it at the moment on any phone.

I agree, the stitching tech on a phone isn't up to par yet. I've found panorama on both Android and especially iOS to not only be pretty good but actually useful.

Took this the other day on the Appalachian trail in VA.

hatugabu.jpg

Edit: excuse the low quality, that's a tapatalk upload

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
"Panorama 360" is basically the exact same as photosphere.

Wow, I just checked that out. Talk about a cheap knockoff of Photosphere! It literally looks like they copied the UI for this app. However, I did notice one significant difference. The image is not a full 360 degrees in both the x and y planes, just the horizontal x plane.

It is def a good alternative, although the UI (specifically the grid) looks second rate compared to the real thing. If you don't have Android 4.2.x or only have an iDevice, this would be the app to get for a similar effect. Thanks for the heads up on the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.