Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steal Deal

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
I am itching to get my cMBP back after trying the Retina's and Air's. I know all about the potential refresh at WWDC and normally I'd wait, but I have stumbled across a deal where I can get a maxed out i7 2.7/8 GB/1 TB w/ AG screen (upgrade HDD/RAM myself obviously) for $1726.84.

It's an open box item on a website (don't want to give it away in fear of someone else buying it).

Despite an imminent refresh, would you consider that a steal? Model MD546LL/A for reference. New it's $2049.99 which is still a great price, as Apple Refurbished is $2169.

Just want people's opinions before I purchase. Thanks!

EDIT: MacMall had the deal, I ordered it and they called me saying they cancelled it since it was out of stock... WTF, update your website!

Anyway, now I'm about to buy a new one for $2049.99 since I don't think they'll refresh the cMBP 15" but only the 13". Deal?

Last edited:

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
If you don't buy it, I will.

MacMall had the deal, I ordered it and they called me saying they cancelled it since it was out of stock... WTF, update your website!

Anyway, now I'm about to buy a new one for $2049.99 since I don't think they'll refresh the cMBP 15" but only the 13". Deal?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
MacMall had the deal, I ordered it and they called me saying they cancelled it since it was out of stock... WTF, update your website!

If they do this in the country I am from they can not cancel and have to deliver the goods, otherwise it is false advertising/misleading people.
Same for goods in a supermarket for instance, if it is labelled for $1 but checkout says $2 they have to sell it for $1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.