Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathaniel2626

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2013
Hello Ipod Experts
My ipod classic got wet for a few seconds; I did the rice-bowl thing and it is working just fine again, EXCEPT:
when I connect it to my computer to add any tracks, the Ipod library shows the changes, but as soon as I unplug it the tracks are not there, as if I had made no changes. Same thing when I delete tracks - they magically re-appear as soon as I unplug. This happens whether I am syncing manually or auto.
I've tried the whole reset/reboot/reformat thing; but the same problem: as soon as I unplug it's like it never happened.
It's like time has been frozen to the moment just before it got wet!
The Geniuses at the genius bar only offered to sell me a new one.
Any ideas? Or should I just accept my ipod's new supernatural time-freeze powers and donate it to the museum of weird?
Thanks in advance
N2626

mayuka

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2009
I suspect your filesystem is corrupted and is read-only. Do the following for a repair: While the ipod is connected to itunes, close itunes, but do not eject the ipod! Then, open Disk Utils and try to repair the disk volume on your ipod.

You can also enter diagnostic mode on the ipod itself and perform some hdd tests. Better back up all your data before doing so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.