Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
This site is rarely about the MacIntosh computer and the name needs to be changed to Applerumors.com

This site has become the de facto P.R. site for Apple Inc.:cool:

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Good point but last time I checked its not the easiest thing to transfer a very big website to a new domain. And they would probably have to buy a new domain aswell.
I wasn't able to change the domain from my website, doubt they could just do that.
I could be wrong :)

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
This site is rarely about the MacIntosh computer and the name needs to be changed to Applerumors.com

Why would Arn want to abandon a recognizable name just for accuracy purposes? That makes no sense whatsoever and is a lot of work for no appreciable value

No offense to Arn or the other admins, but you are thinking about Jim Dalrymple and his site "Loop Insight". Most people think that Apple employees leak directly to Jim and his reliability is looked at as second to none.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009

According to checkdomain arn acquired it like 11 years ago.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Good point but last time I checked its not the easiest thing to transfer a very big website to a new domain. And they would probably have to buy a new domain aswell.
I wasn't able to change the domain from my website, doubt they could just do that.
I could be wrong :)

They already own the domain, and if you type it in it redirects to macrumors.com.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Arn will change MacRumors to AppleRumors when Apple changes the name of iTunes.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

If you understood branding at all, you would know that this company (MacRumors) is not going to change their name without some kind of undertaking. This isn't some ******** personal blog ran by a kid in a basement. It is a company with paid employees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.