Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
My phone is an iPhone because of these reasons:

1. It synchronizes all of my calendars and my wife's calendars easily and accurately (We don't use the "On My Mac" calendars because they don't synchronize). (I wish it didn't purge old calendar items though)

2. It synchronizes our contacts easily and accurately.

3. It synchronizes my iTunes.

And more important than any of the above:

No other phone has intelligent spam filtering of phone calls and e-mail either.

If someone else came up with a way to control incoming phone calls, I would give up all of the benefits of going Apple. I hope Apple is the first company to do so. Real Soon Now

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Plus it doesn't have the unnecessary junk the chosen carrier likes to put on their Android OS phones.

Last edited:

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
My phone is an iPhone because that what it says on the back. :D

that's what i thought when i read the thread title :D

anyway, i have an iPhone because despite all the freedom Android offers, IMO iOS is still superior. I use a jailbreak though haha

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Bullet points one and two, my wife and I use too. Interestingly, we use Google services for all of that, because they do it better. I define better as, they are not platform specific. They will work with any OS, and I love that about it.

As far as intelligent call filtering, maybe I am misunderstanding something here, but I do not believe the iPhone does that. Same goes for texts. One can jailbreak and download apps to get that on iOS. Android has apps on their store that can do it too (some may require root, I honestly don't use them because I have not found a need).

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
Well something is wrong with your phone then if you have lag. Most people say on the Android phones that the speed is amazing. Fastest phone I have ever owned.
That's 1000% completely false. My company deploys android phones in the field. I have first hand comparison test with most of the top android phones. All have lag issues, iOS is just smoother

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010

1. It synchronizes all of my calendars and my wife's calendars easily and accurately (We don't use the "On My Mac" calendars because they don't synchronize). (I wish it didn't purge old calendar items though)

If someone else came up with a way to control incoming phone calls, I would give up all of the benefits of going Apple. I hope Apple is the first company to do so. Real Soon Now

1. Google calendar

2. Gmail contacts

3. doubletwist, iSyncr (there's apps for that!!)

4?. Actually, others phones can do that.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This is exactly why I haven't strayed within the past couple of years. Every time I pick up an android phone in the store the first thing I notice is the stuttering movement of the OS. It's not so much lag as a lack of fluidity.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010

Cool story bro.

Guess what, an HTC One does all that and more in a more aesthetically beautiful and efficient device.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
That's 1000% completely false. My company deploys android phones in the field. I have first hand comparison test with most of the top android phones. All have lag issues, iOS is just smoother

I'd rather trust the views of people who actually own the phone and none talk of any lag, you're talking rubbish.

And OP any Android phone can do the same, it's like basic functionality.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008

My iPhone 5 lags sometimes. Maybe I've been lucky with the multiple Android phones I've had because from ICS and up I haven't see any have horrible lag. Just the normal lag from time to time that all of my iOS devices have.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I think that people who compulsively post about their phones---as, literally, hundreds of people here do---really need to find something more important in their lives. This gets to be pathetic, after a certain point.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I think that people who compulsively post about their phones---as, literally, hundreds of people here do---really need to find something more important in their lives. This gets to be pathetic, after a certain point.

As long as there are people with lots of free time responding...

I asked him a serious question, no response, not to anybody, so I guess another time-wasting "look at me" post.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I have an iPhone because of expedient updates and customer service.

I was late to the smartphone crowd. I didn't like paying for sms/data (tightwad), didn't like the lack of firmware updates from the old establishment handset manufacturers.

So Android was out.
Didn't really like Apple's lock in.
I watched WinMo7... It was supposed to break the mold.

WinMo7 let me down when they fumbled the NoDo update hard. I jumped into the iPhone ecosystem and have never looked back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.