Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Outstanding season, just caught the Season One Finale (The Colonel). Looking forward to next season which has been announced.

Spoiler> Nina turns into a double agent! Claudia gets her revenge. Phillip gets to come home. They come the closest they have ever come to being caught. Disappointing, but I've said, when they get caught, probably the end of the show, unless they too become double agents... hmm. :) <End Spoiler.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Outstanding season, just caught the Season One Finale (The Colonel). Looking forward to next season which has been announced.

Spoiler> Nina turns into a double agent! Claudia gets her revenge. Phillip gets to come home. They come the closest they have ever come to being caught. Disappointing, but I've said, when they get caught, probably the end of the show, unless they too become double agents... hmm. :) <End Spoiler.

I agree, I am surprised there isn't a thread on this already. Outstanding show. Not to mention I love how we get to see some of the things from the 80's, ala the walkman and the computers.

I also really like the look and feel of the show, very 80's. Especially the way the actual show looks on TV.

I can't wait to see if the FBI guy turns and if they actually re-assign the handler. I like her character.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It really is one of the better programs on TV today. The finale was real good. The set & costume designers deserve lots of props for authenticity of the era alone.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
It really is one of the better programs on TV today. The finale was real good. The set & costume designers deserve lots of props for authenticity of the era alone.

Exactly.... Talking about taking us back in time a few years!!! Seeing the walkman on the FBI son's hip was funny! My god it was huge lol...

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
The only thing that sucks about the show is I have to wait until next year for new episodes.

Seems like towards the end, the daughter was getting a bit suspicious that her parents aren't just travel agents. It will be interesting to see where that story goes in the next season.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The only thing that sucks about the show is I have to wait until next year for new episodes.

Seems like towards the end, the daughter was getting a bit suspicious that her parents aren't just travel agents. It will be interesting to see where that story goes in the next season.

It doesn't just seem that way, it was absolutely shown that she is snooping around for clues. I wonder what they'll do with that storyline though.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
The daughter definitely thinks something is up with her Mom. Even though the clothes were folded she looked at the breaker box and that is when the show ended.

I can see one of them parents being caught and turned (mainly the man) and then we would have the suspense of having them play each other.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoilers!​

I like to dislike Claudia. It was wonderful when Liz beat the snot out of her early this season. She was supposed to get shipped home in the near future, but I'll be looking and hoping for her next season. And I can't wait for Martha to figure out who she is married to, however, it usually does not go well for characters in that position... :eek:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Spoilers!​

I like to dislike Claudia. It was wonderful when Liz beat the snot out of her early this season. She was supposed to get shipped home in the near future, but I'll be looking and hoping for her next season. And I can't wait for Martha to figure out who she is married to, however, it usually does not go well for characters in that position... :eek:

I like to hate Claudia. Her character reminds me a little of her character on Justified. She always has something brewing in the background and seems to be one step ahead of the group. Except for when she got the snot beat out of her, don't think she saw that one coming.

However even though she doesn't say it to her people she did express her feelings of a trap to her boss......... But yeah she has that aura about her.

Violence and sex seem to be in every episode. Good stuff!

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
what I've caught I enjoyed

I always seem to forget this is on and then FX did not have season 1 on free on demand so, I haven't really caught up.

Maybe this weekend.

What I've seen I really liked. Matthew Rhys is especially good and as so many have already said, the show's costume, prop and set designers have nailed the period.

Caught a few minutes of the season two opener. Wow.

Now if I could just remember to watch it.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
Just saw episode 1 of the new season and it was smashingly exceptional. I have to download season 1 from iTunes soon and watch that to get some back story.

Reminded me of "The Conversation" meets James Bond meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I really dig Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as the couple.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just caught the first episode of this season. Excellent as always and I'm pissed off every episode, lol. I'm wondering how long before the daughter sees something she shouldn't besides her parents engaging in adult bedroom activities which has all ready happened. :)

Last edited:

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
Just caught the first episode of this season. Excellent as always and I'm pissed off every episode, lol. I'm wondering how long before the daughter sees something she shouldn't besides her parents engaging in adult bedroom activities which has all ready happened. :)

Should I have taken that scene where the daughter enters into her parent's bedroom as a comic relief or something more dramatic than what I was interpreting?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Should I have taken that scene where the daughter enters into her parent's bedroom as a comic relief or something more dramatic than what I was interpreting?

Simply stumbling into what most children don't like imagining much less seeing their parents engaged in sex. What has the potential to be explosive is Paige's suspicion of her mother doing "strange" things, such as the laundry at midnight. Her mother (Elizabeth) disappears for quite a while after being wounded. She goes through her suitcase when her Mom returns. Personally I would find this a difficult event to hide which seems to have been glossed over. Their neighbors including the FBI agent (Stan) would know she is not there. So where is she? I don't remember Henry giving an explanation to anyone including the kids, but maybe he did and I forgot. It would have to be something other than the hospital, because then people would want to visit her. In the first episode of this season Stan was aware that she had returned when they were at a neighborhood social.

ace198

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Kinda sad that this show is so good but I never anybody talk about it. Can't wait to see tomorrow's episode. :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This thing with Paige suspecting her parents of some vague something, I'm wondering how far they will take it.

If you saw the 12Mar episode- spoiler follows...

she went to visit her poser of an Aunt, who did not know her. The question is once your kid figures out you are spies for the enemy, what do you do?? They might try to convince her they are spies for the U.S. :eek:

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
This thing with Paige suspecting her parents of some vague something, I'm wondering how far they will take it.

If you saw the 12Mar episode- spoiler follows...

she went to visit her poser of an Aunt, who did not know her. The question is once your kid figures out you are spies for the enemy, what do you do?? They might try to convince her they are spies for the U.S. :eek:

Man I'm still 2/3 of the way in season 1 for this series. I really am super excited.

I'm astonished how little violence is truly in the series. Just a few outbursts but overall it depends a lot on suspense to drive the plot forward.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Man I'm still 2/3 of the way in season 1 for this series. I really am super excited.

I'm astonished how little violence is truly in the series. Just a few outbursts but overall it depends a lot on suspense to drive the plot forward.

It's has the right balance of violence for the subject matter, but you know these people will kill in an instance if their cover is blown, and they have.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
It's has the right balance of violence for the subject matter, but you know these people will kill in an instance if their cover is blown, and they have.

Indeed... I am still astonished that this brutal version of Keri Russell is the same one that played Jane in the movie Austenland that I am watching right now. She is a very good actress. I haven't seen Felicity so I can't play there.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008

I am digging season two. All caught up!!!

Spoilers

The threesome scene! Talk about hot and seeing Keri like that!!! :eek::D

The scene where the family was killed. Yikes!

End spoilers

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I am digging season two. All caught up!!!

Spoilers

The threesome scene! Talk about hot and seeing Keri like that!!! :eek::D

The scene where the family was killed. Yikes!

End spoilers

What? I don't remember a threesome or are you referring to the daughter walking in on them? :p <-seems appropriate. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.