Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ignaliza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2013
1fbbqb.jpg

1nxoh2.jpg

Hi, this is my first post haha, today I spotted this on the Spigen webpage at this particular link: http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-screen-protector-steinheil-dual-series.html

So yeah, thats it :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Or it could be a company making an educated guess based on previous trends, and informing people that based on the previous trend of the "S" models being the same size as their direct predecessor, their case/screen protector will work for the current AND next-gen phone.

Why buy the lame iP5 case/protector when you can get the future-proofed iP5S one :p

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

Hi, this is my first post haha, today I spotted this on the Spigen webpage at this particular link: http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-screen-protector-steinheil-dual-series.html

So yeah, thats it :)

OP, if you have been around the block with future hardware releases from Apple, you would know that case manufactures sometimes will make some accessories ahead of the actual announcements in hope that it will be released, and pray it will fit. Sometimes they are correct, and sometimes they are wrong. Just a minor change will make the accessories company running back to the drawing board to make adjustments.

Just a word of advise.... ;)

OafTobark

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
iPhone 5S confirmed?

As if,

2008 iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
???? 2013

Didn't confirm enough :rolleyes:

But hey, good find.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
You mean a NEW iphone is coming?

OMG! doesn't anybody tell me these things? :eek:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
There are plenty of case manufacturers that actually printed boxes that say "new iPhone" on them. Most of them have stickers over them to say "iPhone 5", but some were missed. You may still be able to find them in stores.

My point? Case manufacturers do a lot of guess work. They are not given the phone prior to official announcements. With all of these leaks, the guesswork is worthy investment. It's a race to get your product out and compatible with the next gen iPhone. In short, this is no more confirmation that the 5s will be the same form factor as the 5, than seeing no information at all.

I have every expectation of seeing the 5s be the same as the 5 with some rehashed innards. But still, I can hold on to hoping infer some of the things I've wanted until Applemofficially tells me no.

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
iPhone 5S confirmed?

As if,

2008 iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
???? 2013

Didn't confirm enough :rolleyes:

Considering all the LOL-worth discussion last year about if the iPhone 5 would be named "iPhone 5" or "iPhone 6", I wouldn't be surprised if someone were expecting this year's model to be the iPhone 6S. It's as nonsensical as last year's claims.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.