Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elbert C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
AK, USA
In OS X 10.6.8 I could do a 4 finger swipe left/right to open the application switcher on my early 2008 MBP. I can't figure out how to do the same with my 2012 Mac mini using the Magic Trackpad. Is this even possible with OS X 10.8.3?

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I too wondered this. I believe I read it was gone. An equally easy (almost) way is click cmd + tab and cycle through them. (Q to close).

You may already know this but it's the next best way.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
In OS X 10.6.8 I could do a 4 finger swipe left/right to open the application switcher on my early 2008 MBP. I can't figure out how to do the same with my 2012 Mac mini using the Magic Trackpad. Is this even possible with OS X 10.8.3?

4 finger swipe for the command tab switcher? Or expose?

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Four-finger pinch launches LaunchPad in Lion and above. The Application Switcher has always been <Command><tab>.
There's also Mission Control (Exposé as was in SL), which is a four-finger stroke upwards.
"Application Windows" (show windows for a single app) is four-finger downward stroke.
The four-finger strokes left and right do different things now.

Elbert C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
AK, USA
I too wondered this. I believe I read it was gone. An equally easy (almost) way is click cmd + tab and cycle through them. (Q to close).

You may already know this but it's the next best way.

I probably forgot about it. Thanks!

4 finger swipe for the command tab switcher? Or expose?

Command tab switcher.

Four-finger pinch launches LaunchPad in Lion and above. The Application Switcher has always been <Command><tab>.
There's also Mission Control (Exposé as was in SL), which is a four-finger stroke upwards.
"Application Windows" (show windows for a single app) is four-finger downward stroke.
The four-finger strokes left and right do different things now.

Thanks for that info, benwiggy. The 4 finger left/right swipe was set for switching apps on my MBP running OS X 10.6.8 in System Preferences.

I'll start using the command + tab keys from now on.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.