Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterchris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2013
On January 2 2013, I lost my 4th generation white iPod Touch near the Mira Mesa public library in San Diego, CA. It is currently locked with a passcode. The lock screen is a 2013 wallpaper made out of candy canes (the numbers are made out of candy canes). It was or is in a blue Griffin Survivor Case. I lost it near Walgreens (if you are familiar with this area). Please help me...I'm only a teen and this was really my treasure. Thank you.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
On January 2 2013, I lost my 4th generation white iPod Touch near the Mira Mesa public library in San Diego, CA. It is currently locked with a passcode. The lock screen is a 2013 wallpaper made out of candy canes (the numbers are made out of candy canes). It was or is in a blue Griffin Survivor Case. I lost it near Walgreens (if you are familiar with this area). Please help me...I'm only a teen and this was really my treasure. Thank you.

I sympathise with you, however do you really think posting 5 months later on a worldwide message board will really help?

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Sorry to hear but at this point it is long gone. Even with a passcode, someone would've wiped it clean. I would go purchase a new one if possible and not hold my breath.

Rosina Christen

macrumors member
May 10, 2013
Well do forgive ME for pointing out what all of YOU actually thought.

But don't worry, I don't expect you to admit it.

Ya ok you got me but you don't have to voice it out loud. Because the way you say it is like sarcasm and its pretty obvious that he really liked his iPod. Plus if you have to voice your thoughts do it in private messages

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
It's 4 months. What is wrong with people?

And I once lost my iPod. Found it a year later in the house. Good luck OP.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Ease up people, no need for rude obnoxious sarcastic posts. The OP is desperate. So cut out the bickering...

I hope you find your iPod OP, though, not a very good chance you will locate it, reason being it's been 4 months. Who knows, it might just pop up on your front door. :)

GL.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
We used to, it sadly got removed. Dunno why.

because one poster elaborated on a theory to the mods that attempted to demonstrate that voting down in these forums followed no logical patterns.

the mods bought it and removed it temporarily as a trial but then decided never to bring it back again.

personally, i think it was good to have them as well - its not as if it affected your profile in any way, just individual posts.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
because one poster elaborated on a theory to the mods that attempted to demonstrate that voting down in these forums followed no logical patterns.

the mods bought it and removed it temporarily as a trial but then decided never to bring it back again.

personally, i think it was good to have them as well - its not as if it affected your profile in any way, just individual posts.

Thanks for the explanation! It's a shame really that they did remove downvotes.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Yes it sucks. Yes the truth hurts. No, the guy had no tact. No, it was indeed rude and unnecessary (poor poor internets).

But, he's 1000% RIGHT

Sadly it's probably been bought on eBay, sold on Craigslist, pawned, jailbroken AND sold again by now... 5 months is an eternity for lost/stolen goods.

Once you lose something, try as hard as you can to find it, but the sooner you can start moving on from the loss the better off you'll be.

This holds true for nearly everything lost, including things other than gadgets.

Sorry for your loss. Great news is, a nice 8GB 4G is only about 95 bucks on the bay. Might even be buying your old one back!

And this one you will be more careful with, which will be good for when you get even NICER things down the road. Losing stuff sucks, but it gets better, and STUFF is ALWAYS replaceable (most of the time even "one of a kind" stuff :)).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.