Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

storylogo.png
Disney today announced photo and video sharing app Story, which allows users users to share photo and video collages, or "moments", with their families and friends.

The app organizes user photos by location and time and creates specialized photo/video collages that users can edit or arrange. The collages can then be shared via Facebook or email as well as be available on the Story.us website.

The Next Web notes that the app is intended for families with young children with a focus on sharing special moments so sharing, for now, is limited to more closed social networks like Facebook, but that Disney is looking at expanding sharing options to networks like Twitter and Google+ in the future.

Story for iPhone is available for free in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Disney Launches Photo and Video Sharing App Aimed at Families

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi - the direct link in this article sends you to the "Toy Story Read Along Story" app :confused:

thetechnologist

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
That is the worst designed iOS icon I've seen from a major firm. I'm shocked given all the visual talent at Disney. I don't think I want to know what the UI looks like.

Edit: The UI actually isn't bad. I guess the saying is true that you can't judge an app by the icon. I'm guessing they let an intern do the icon or something as an afterthought.

Last edited:

SeanMcg

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Looks pretty neat, but I can't say I like the icon. No idea what that's supposed to be
(first let me note that I haven't tried the app yet)

My only guess is that the icon is supposed to be two conversation bubbles linked together to represent a common story being shared.

Unfortunately, it looks like a hurricane warning. If they created an app to let you know the weather at the Walt Disney World Resort, this might be an appropriate piece of artwork for quick reference, but still not the app icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.