Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperGamer

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2013
I can get you this AWESOME game free

Hi,
You should definitely check out Imperium Pro, which is a new 3d multiplayer game for Mac.
The website for this game is: caspiangames.net

Send me an email at: oriyonay123@gmail.com and I could get you the game for free instead of the usual $5.

ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS THIS GAME FOR FREE, EMAIL ME. THIS IS A LIMITED TIME PROMOTION, SO HURRY!

Sincerely,

- Ori Yonay

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Obvious ones that come to mind & highly recommended:

AoE 3 + The War Chiefs & Asian Dynasties expansions.
Rome: Total War
Empire: Total War
Napoleon: Total War (announced for circa spring release).

Kindly note, older classic strategy games like AoE 2 & Rise of Nations only work on OS X going up to 10.6 Snow Leopard, due to needing Rosetta.

They won't work on Lion or ML, which no longer have Rosetta support. Sadly, many older Mac-native games have suffered a similar fate.

Total War Series are some of the best strategy games out there.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
i tried out Total War: Empires yesterday and found the controls difficult. Also, i couldnt figure out how to correctly rotate formations. If i held down the right mouse button to place them i could rotate the formation but it would always switch to some screwy shape like 10 by 10 or 2 wide and 50 deep instead of 50 wide and 2 deep. what am i missing? Also is there a way to rotate the camera down, so you get more of a top down view? I can move the camera up and down (z and x) but if i move up, i cant figure out how to tilt down

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
i tried out Total War: Empires yesterday and found the controls difficult. Also, i couldnt figure out how to correctly rotate formations. If i held down the right mouse button to place them i could rotate the formation but it would always switch to some screwy shape like 10 by 10 or 2 wide and 50 deep instead of 50 wide and 2 deep. what am i missing? Also is there a way to rotate the camera down, so you get more of a top down view? I can move the camera up and down (z and x) but if i move up, i cant figure out how to tilt down

i couldnt figure out how to correctly rotate formations.
Select the unit and right click where you want them and drag till you see the formation in the correct length and ranks. That's the easy way. Alternatively you can use the unit control buttons.

empire-total-war-low.jpg

Those buttons with arrows in the bottom right will allow you to do some unique things to your units and control what you are looking for.

Also is there a way to rotate the camera down, so you get more of a top down view? I can move the camera up and down (z and x) but if i move up, i can't figure out how to tilt down

Unfortunately the best you can get for view points is zooming in and out with the middle mouse button. You can zoom in and get crazy cool close to some battles, zoom out and its more of a top view you are looking for. Its all controlled by the middle mouse for me.

I don't play my PC games on a mac though and I'm not really sure what if any differences there are in controls. But what you seek is possible. Since I hate looking things up, I try and experiment, but there are tutorials I believe you can play to learn it a bit better.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
thanks, those unit control buttons should help a lot.
I play using the track pad so trying choose the formation with it is tough.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Indeed! In Rome, Empire & now Napoleon: TW we have, arguably, the best of the Total War series. However, let's hope Napoleon on Mac generates enough sales for the guys at Feral to consider bringing us Medieval 2 & Shogun 2 later. :)

I played Shogun 2 on my PC: 8.0 hrs last two weeks / 438 hrs on record

Thats how good that game is.

I played Shogun 2 on my PC: 8.0 hrs last two weeks / 438 hrs on record

Thats how good that game is.

That's some impressive dedication, regardless of how good a game is! My gaming time is currently restricted to about 2-4 hours average, over 3 evenings max a week. That's not much, but it's all I can devote until later in the summer.

When I've had more time in the past, 6 hour-plus sessions weren't unusual, but things change & other priorities take over. Such is life. :rolleyes: But I think I'll always be a gamer, regardless of age, particularly with the better RTS-genre games such as Total War.

I may well buy Shogun 2 for PC very soon, even if I rebuy it again for Mac later. Viable enough as most older PC titles are relatively cheap.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Apologies for bringing this thread back to life, but I'm looking for a good strategy game (like AoE, and way back Caesar, Pharaoh etc. from Sierra for Windows) for Mac. Getting my new rMB this week, and I'm looking for one good strategy game like the ones I mentioned before. I don't just like the war side of those games, but also the city building aspect. Anybody know of any good games? :)

PJivan

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2015
Apologies for bringing this thread back to life, but I'm looking for a good strategy game (like AoE, and way back Caesar, Pharaoh etc. from Sierra for Windows) for Mac. Getting my new rMB this week, and I'm looking for one good strategy game like the ones I mentioned before. I don't just like the war side of those games, but also the city building aspect. Anybody know of any good games? :)

I heard good things about Planetary Annihilation: TITANS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.