Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
AND the whole Maps thing which might have been under Forstall's department in terms of the iOS software and data vetting.

Maps issue, Steve Jobs would've said in the letter "DEAL WITH IT". And would've put the word "Beta" in the end. If Steve was still alive, he would've screamed at anyone who complained about maps problem, saying that this is the perfect solution.

SMDBill

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2013
Absolutely not!!! Just NO!

Experience 2 days ago on FB...I linked to a story about a family who lost their pet. The story was on a local news website and there is not one ad on the web page. There was no ad on that page before or after I linked to it.

In FB where I posted the story to my wall in case any local friends had seen the missing pet, the picture of the pet was NOT present and FB had inserted an ad instead. That ad would not go away and reposting it brought the same ad. Some people who had also posted that story had no ad and only a picture of the dog. My post and some others' identical posts had the ad inserted instead of the picture.

Disgraceful what they'll do for advertising revenue. No thanks FB...perhaps my FB account will be closed due to so many different security concerns soon anyway. I don't post anything I care if people see or not, but I get angry when my post is altered without my knowledge or consent.

damienotis

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
I really, really dislike the chat heads in the Facebook app for iOS and I hope to god Apple doesn't integrate that intrusive, flow-destroying design into iOS.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
I really, really dislike the chat heads in the Facebook app for iOS and I hope to god Apple doesn't integrate that intrusive, flow-destroying design into iOS.

Not only that, but ever since the update, Fb has been a buggy, crashy piece of ****. The only thing really keeping me on facebook is that I have my freelance business page up there, but it's not like I have enough "likes" to really justify having to stay on Facebook. But I updated my website to a Wordpress blog, so I just might pry myself from their clutches later this year.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I know many android users and only one or two use Facebook home and many don't even know what it is. I think more to the point they need to have better advertising or ad campaign so people know what it is. But I am one who doesn't use Facebook but back when I did Facebook home would have been cool hope this happens might draw me back to reactivate my account lol.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I know many android users and only one or two use Facebook home and many don't even know what it is. I think more to the point they need to have better advertising or ad campaign so people know what it is. But I am one who doesn't use Facebook but back when I did Facebook home would have been cool hope this happens might draw me back to reactivate my account lol.

It is only available for one or two current Android phones so this is why you haven't seen anyone use it. The current FB Android version doesn't even have chatheads.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
It is only available for one or two current Android phones so this is why you haven't seen anyone use it. The current FB Android version doesn't even have chatheads.

I know but I have a few friends that have like the one x that does support it. On a side note the chats heads are one if only the only thing I hope they get rid of. And maybe give us landscape mode back if they haven't already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.