Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolyPolyBird

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Errr.... No?

Why would I be trolling you?

I connect with a couple of hundred people from different walks of life all around the world and I have never heard somebody mention google + hangouts. I know a few people who signed up for google + accounts and then deleted them after a few months.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I connect with a couple of hundred people from different walks of life all around the world and I have never heard somebody mention google + hangouts. I know a few people who signed up for google + accounts and then deleted them after a few months.

Ah, the good old "I don't know people who use..." thing.

I don't understand why people think their anecdotal evidence is actually... evidence of anything.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
iMessage here. Only need it on Windows now to complete the cycle.

I, for the 1 billionth time, still don't get the appeal of WhatsApp. Tried it before it was released and after. It requires everyone you know to have it. Everyone I know, doesn't have it. They all have iPhones as well. What's the point? I guess I can understand it's use for non iOS users?

You can e-mail an entire conversation thread, in case you want to save a conversation or send it to someone else, or just back it up.

You can look at all the media sent to the conversation without having to scroll up and load it first.

You can actually quit a group conversation.

You can turn on/off notifications for individual conversations.

I mean, WhatsApp is the Batmobile and iMessage is a moped. If all you need to do is send a message or two from time to time, iMessage is definitely enough, but not understanding why someone with iOS might like WhatsApp is just being plain clueless.

wmwallace

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2013
Having to keep logging into Viber daily.

Hi All new to this, sorry for butting into thread. I have downloaded viber and it works fine. I then go to use it the next day and I have to go through the whole procedure to get logged in again for a new code to be sent, can anyone help. This is on my Iphone 4s

Thanks wmwallace

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi All new to this, sorry for butting into thread. I have downloaded viber and it works fine. I then go to use it the next day and I have to go through the whole procedure to get logged in again for a new code to be sent, can anyone help. This is on my Iphone 4s

Thanks wmwallace

Hi there,
This issue usually happens when trying to use the same number to register to Viber on more than 1 device simultaneously.

Is this the case?

oztalha

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013
Viber Video Codec

Hi, I got this error: "xyz has sent a video, but your Mac does not yet support videos ?" so what might be the codec Viber use for the videos?

That would be great if you said it here or here.

Thanks.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi, I got this error: "xyz has sent a video, but your Mac does not yet support videos ?" so what might be the codec Viber use for the videos?

That would be great if you said it here or here.

Thanks.

Hi,

Viber Desktop still does not support video messages. We plan to add it in future updates.
You are right - it should be pointed out in our HelpDesk, and we will make the necessary changes when we revise the relevant pages.

Thanks again!

Humex

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Hi,
I hope a better design Viber in the future.
Enhancement : Why not use the notifications defaults on OS X?
Thanks.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Humex -

What do you mean notification defaults on OS X ? Please elaborate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.