Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Pfft...so much for all sides protected.

Remember people, if you have this then be sure to regularly take it off and remove dust and what not. Something has got in mine and left me with a nice scratch and little chip on the chamfered edge :mad:

Yep same on mine. Minute to be honest. But still visible. Mines now for sale too cheaper than eBay with the screen protector

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Just thought I would do a quick update for my all black case. After using it off and on for a couple of months, the matte finish is peeling/wearing off of the edges of the case. This is likely from sliding it in and out of my pocket. Kind of to be expected I guess, but I am kind of disappointed that it is happening so quickly.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Just thought I would do a quick update for my all black case. After using it off and on for a couple of months, the matte finish is peeling/wearing off of the edges of the case. This is likely from sliding it in and out of my pocket. Kind of to be expected I guess, but I am kind of disappointed that it is happening so quickly.

I've had mine since early November and it's showing no signs of wear and tear and it's in and out of my pockets all the time.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
I've had mine since early November and it's showing no signs of wear and tear and it's in and out of my pockets all the time.

Same here. Had black air jacket on phone constantly since end of November and looks as good now as day I got it.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Same here. Had black air jacket on phone constantly since end of November and looks as good now as day I got it.

Really? Hum. I would take pictures to show you all what I mean, but it would be hard to capture I think. Basically along a lot of the edges of the case, particularly on the front top border, there is no longer a matte finish. That has come off and is now shiny black instead. And no, it is not just dirty or oily. It has happened to a lesser degree on the back of the case as well in a few spots where the case has the angled surface.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
What happened to the black air jacket on their website? Also, how are people's experiences with drops with this case.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
What happened to the black air jacket on their website? Also, how are people's experiences with drops with this case.

Amazon has them for $39.95... which is what the PS website sells them for. If you are a prime member, you can get free 2 day shipping.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358804016.660965.jpg here is a picture to show an example of what I am talking about. You can see the shiny black coming through on the edge here where the matte finish has come off. Again, kind of hard to see in pictures, but there. Many cases with matte finish have this problem however. This is not unique to powersupport. I was just hopeful it would last longer than it has with only mild use for a couple of months.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
View attachment 391704 here is a picture to show an example of what I am talking about. You can see the shiny black coming through on the edge here where the matte finish has come off. Again, kind of hard to see in pictures, but there. Many cases with matte finish have this problem however. This is not unique to powersupport. I was just hopeful it would last longer than it has with only mild use for a couple of months.

Strange. I am a bit OCD with looking after the case/phone so maybe mine just hasn't worn as much. If I look at the two top corners on the front of mine I do see a tiny bit of wear but probably just from where its scraped as I've taken the phone out of the case a few times.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I don't consider myself OCD... and every iPhone I've owned since the first OG iPhone had scratches and scuffs, but I would tend to think that iPhone owners would rather see wear and tear on a case than the iPhone itself. However, I understand why people expect higher quality if the case cost $40. Also, I know some iPhone owners buy cases to pimp out their iPhone for looks... and not just for protection. As for me, if it is protecting the phone from scratching and scuffs, then the case is doing it's job. Now that I seen pics of the wear and tear, I'll probably be looking for it now. This forum still has a chance of turning me OCD... LOL... :p

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Hi all,Ii am very interested in buying a black air jacket, but I would like to know if its hard plastic or what material.
Thank you very much.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Hi all,Ii am very interested in buying a black air jacket, but I would like to know if its hard plastic or what material.
Thank you very much.

It has a soft matte finished on the back . Feels good in hand . Looks awesome with the black iphone . I had that combination when I had my black phone .

Ps just noticed your post was a month old. Lol

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Remember people to take it off every few days or everyday if you wish. I took my Black Air Jacket off last night and have found a nasty little chip on the chamfered edge, pissed!

Cant for the life of me think how it happened, i'm thinking maybe a grain of salt got down the side and got rubbed about.

Chucked the Black in the drawer and now have the Clear smoke on as i can see any build up of crap with this one.

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
Was absolutely going to go for this case until I saw people note that it causes scratches on the chamfered edges ugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.