Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hope they took the opportunity to improve the frame rate on the first game. even on 360 the originals framerate was brutal at times. A lazy port of a already choppy game is gonna suck.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Hope they took the opportunity to improve the frame rate on the first game. even on 360 the originals framerate was brutal at times. A lazy port of a already choppy game is gonna suck.

Yeah, I've heard that's why it has taken so long for the Trilogy to be released. Apparently there's been a little bit of a facelift graphics-wise.

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Awesome! I still haven't played 3 yet. Hoping there will be some improvements to the first game.

Wonder if they'll be including all the DLC ...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
So it's out on the US PSN store! Europe to follow soon, which is where I will be downloading my copy of Mass Effect 1!

Is there any info yet on whether they will patch PS3's ME2 to allow character import?

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
So I am finally playing ME1 for the first time. Man, the things games could get away with just a few years ago... :rolleyes: Some of the controls and gameplay mechanics are borderline unbearable, especially after having played parts 2 and 3. The cover mechanic is a joke and has cost me MANY "critical mission failures". That stupid vehicle actually makes me angry...who designed the controls for this thing? :confused: And the load times are terrible, especially considering the whole game is running from the hard drive.

If it wasn't for the story / characters, I would have tossed this game long ago.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yep, sometimes the past is best left in the past.

To be honest loading times on all the mass effects were freaking annoying, especially later two when just moving round ship invariably led to waiting and waiting in elevator loading.... Why they can't have made the ship 1 area without loading, seriously 5 of my 20+ hour play through on 2 & 3 was just ship loading times.....

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I'm still struggling with this one. After the "Finding Liara" mission, I took a break from the game for a good 3 months!

Happy I got back into it now. As flawed as some of the gameplay mechanics are, the story is still awesome and well told. The driving sections still drive me nuts though! :p

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Finally finished this beast! ~45 hours of playtime. I'd say the last 1/3 or so of the game were really awesome. It kept freezing on me during the final fight, that annoyed the hell out of me!!

Imported this character into ME2 and we'll just keep going the whole way. I'm amazed at just HOW MUCH BETTER part 2 is! The graphics, the controls (!!), the writing, basically everything! Day and night, really!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
So I am finally playing ME1 for the first time. Man, the things games could get away with just a few years ago... :rolleyes: Some of the controls and gameplay mechanics are borderline unbearable, especially after having played parts 2 and 3. The cover mechanic is a joke and has cost me MANY "critical mission failures". That stupid vehicle actually makes me angry...who designed the controls for this thing? :confused: And the load times are terrible, especially considering the whole game is running from the hard drive.

If it wasn't for the story / characters, I would have tossed this game long ago.

I'm finally playing my 360 copy of ME1 (original release). I got it close-out at Target years ago for $20, which is more or less the retail now for one.

It is pretty awesome. I'm used to mindless shoot'em ups (original Doom) or FPS with a little story (Halo), but his has a lot of RPG elements (kinda like the old interactive games on 3DO like Wing Commander - cinematics and then play). This does slow the pace down a bit which is a welcome relief.

I found a copy of 360 ME2 used totally complete in box for $7 at GS! (has all the paperwork). Looking forward to that one.

One of the reasons I started to play ME is that I got ME3 for Wii U since it is now $30 (many places). Gonna pop that in for a few to see how the gameplay is with using the Wii U Touchpad.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I'm finally playing my 360 copy of ME1 (original release). I got it close-out at Target years ago for $20, which is more or less the retail now for one.

It is pretty awesome. I'm used to mindless shoot'em ups (original Doom) or FPS with a little story (Halo), but his has a lot of RPG elements (kinda like the old interactive games on 3DO like Wing Commander - cinematics and then play). This does slow the pace down a bit which is a welcome relief.

I found a copy of 360 ME2 used totally complete in box for $7 at GS! (has all the paperwork). Looking forward to that one.

One of the reasons I started to play ME is that I got ME3 for Wii U since it is now $30 (many places). Gonna pop that in for a few to see how the gameplay is with using the Wii U Touchpad.

The first Mass Effect is so much fun, enjoy. The second one is even better character & story wise but the gameplay is more "shooter" than the first. I haven't finished the third one, all of the online features and "Galactic Readiness" or whatever got tedious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.