Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I just got my iphone 5 and my wife got my iPhone 4S. Both phones are updated to ios 6. I was showing her how to use the accessibility zoom option (three finger tap) and noticed it now only zooms very little on the 4s. My iphone 5 zooms in a great deal like it should.

Can anybody else with a iPhone 4S confirm it is working or not? Any way to fix it?

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Double tap and hold with 3 fingers. Then slide fingers up and down to adjust magnification.

Last edited:

ktappe

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2003
Wilmington, DE
Double tap and hold with 3 fingers. Then slide fingers up and down to adjust magnification.

Many thanks for this. Mine was also zooming minimally and I thought my iOS was corrupted or something. I had no idea you could adjust the zoom factor. Neat!

jdre

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2013
Unable to control the zoom magnification: When I first discovered zoom an hour ago I was quite excited. Now it is zoomed in so close I can only see one app icon on the screen! If only it were a droid, I would have a "settings" button to instead of the silly iphone solo-button.

jdre

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2013
Ah I figured it out: Once in zoom (three finger double tap) do a further three finger double tap, but keep touching screen after second tap and THEN scroll up and down to adjust zoom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.