Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarBucks!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Hello everyone I need some assistance. I own a mid 2007 24" iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and I am running Mountain Lion. I have had iPhoto on this unit from the beginning. My brother recently gave me his late 2008 13-inch, Aluminum, MacBook due to it having many problems. I fixed a lot of the problems with the help of some youtube videos and I'm waiting on my order OWC 8 gigs of ram, but my issue is that there is no iPhoto on the Macbook. It had a dead HD so I replaced it with a new 1TB HD and loaded all of the software I had from my iMac (since my brother didn't have any of the software that came with his MacBook). After reading another thread on here I went to my app store purchases and tried to find iphoto there but it wasn't there. Any suggestions or should I just buy the new version on my iMac and then use the App store "purchases" to install it on the MacBook? (currently using iPhoto 08')

I would like to throw something else in as well. I purchased 8 gigs of ram from macsales.com (OWC) for $80 and this will max out the capabilities of the MacBook. My iMac has been running slow and it only has 3 gigs of ram currently. What I hear is that it is capable of running a total of 6 gigs of ram. I went to the same site macsales.com and 1 4gig stick for my iMac is $100 WTF!!! Can anyone tell me where I can get a 4 gig stick of ram for my iMac at a decent price?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.