Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Just finished the SP campaign of Section 8: Prejudice which was fun. Sadly the MP is dead but you can play offline with bots and they are decent. I'll probably uninstall it pretty soon though. I still haven't gotten to some more recent MP shooters I own.

Currently playing Of Orcs and Men and after the first couple hours have a really good impression of the game so far. It is good times to be a bad ass orc on a mission where the orcs are the good guys and the humans are the bad guys.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I've been splitting time between Rift and Neverwinter.

I played Rift at launch, but quit before the end of my first month... I couldn't remember why I quit and decided to give it another shot. I'm really enjoying the game... I realize it's probably been said a billion times, but it does remind me of WoW in its glory days and i'm not a big "raid" guy. WoW still has more charm and humor, but Rift makes up for that in neat features (i.e. events/rifts and the awesome class system to name a few). Right now you can play the first 20 levels for free and you can also earn free game time through some social gaming program called Raptr. I signed up, but not completely sure how it works. I know I haven't qualified for the free game time yet, but it looks like I will once I get enough hours of Rift under my belt.

Neverwinter has been a great substitute MMO for me. You don't have to worry about a monthly fee, the game play is pretty fun, and you can get a good amount done in an hour. So if I only have a short amount of time to kill, I boot up Neverwinter and knock out a few quests or a dungeon. I have not felt the need to put money into the game... I may end up doing so anyways, but it definitely is not required. There's a good Wine port of Neverwinter on the Porting Team website, so being able to play in OSX definitely helps when I need a quick game.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm currently working through Blue Dragon, which is several years old now but is fun despite the cartoony graphics and child characters. I'm only playing on weekends but I think that I'll be able to finish it this week :)

Not sure what I'm going to play after that!

dreemdazer

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
Radiant Defense

I've been playing Radiant Defense, a tower defense game. I have it on my laptop and my iPad. It's a fun game, to do a level when I need a break from life. There are leader boards so you can compete with others throughout the world to get a high score. Somehow some Chinese nerds have achieved the highest scores, that are far, far higher (triple) anyone else's, so it's probably a cheat. But it's still fun to compete with the non-cheaters.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Baldur's Gate enhanced edition.
And a bit of Diablo 3 - doing my first steps to hardcore characters.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Knights of the old republic! Saw it on the App Store and i just had to buy to play through again. This time I'm going full dark side!

Sech

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
Dark Souls here working primarily on speed running the game and Diablo 3 when friends are around.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Playing the 2009 Wolfenstien in anticipation of Wolfenstien: New Order. Still have FC3: Blood Dragon, System Shock II and Batman Arkum City to complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.