Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Topper

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007

hands_twiddling_thumbs_fast_lg_nwm.gif

mmcgann11

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2007
West Chester, PA
Maybe...maybe WWDC. But I'm not holding my breath, to be honest.

If nothing new is announced, then I go to plan B: buy iMacs more often, instead of during a midcycle MacPro refresh. My current 3,1 Mac Pro was due for replacement last year, on a four-cycle. I reckon with the cost difference and the lack of the typical RAM/video card boost at the two-year point, I can just suck it up and buy a new iMac every 30 months.

Not ideal, but with Thunderbolt, I have some options -- especially when it comes to my four hard drives.

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
Let's just put it this way: it's entirely up to me.

If I email Promax this second and tell them to process my z820 order, then a new and improved Mac Pro will immediately be announced.

If I wait until WWDC for an official announcement, then it will be the end of Mac Pros as we know them.

What to do, what to do....

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
You tell us.

You are aware that it wouldn't be the first or even the second time that Intel has provided products to Apple before the other OEMs?

I'm not the one making such a claim so it's not on me to explain it. It has happened once in the past, but there's absolutely no reason to think that will be the case this time around unless you or someone else has some inside knowledge n the matter. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, rather it's yet another site throwing unsubstantiated rumors in the air with the wish one turns out to be true.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not the one making such a claim so it's not on me to explain it. It has happened once in the past, but there's absolutely no reason to think that will be the case this time around unless you or someone else has some inside knowledge n the matter. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, rather it's yet another site throwing unsubstantiated rumors in the air with the wish one turns out to be true.

If I remember correctly Apple has received early CPUs from Intel on more than one occasion.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
If I remember correctly Apple has received early CPUs from Intel on more than one occasion.

As far as I recall I have seen this exact same statement countless times in this forum and just as many countless times, nothing has come. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.