Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The CharityBuzz auction for coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook has just ended, with a final bid driving the price up to $610,000. Previously, the auction had stagnated at $605,000, where it remained until 30 minutes before the bidding closed.

The $610,000 bid was placed by a newcomer to the auction who had not previously bid before, known only as "a********s." While CharityBuzz will not release the name of the high bidder, it is possible that the winner will come forward to take advantage of the publicity surrounding the auction.

timcookauctionend.jpg
Currently, the money that the Tim Cook auction has brought in is more than twice as much as the total of the current high bids on the other 118 auctions that are supporting the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.

Because the bidding totals ran so high with bidders clamoring for a moment in the spotlight, CharityBuzz was forced to implement bank qualification terms before additional bids could be placed, which slowed bidding considerably.

Under the terms of the auction, the high bidder is entitled to a 30-60 minute meeting with Cook at Apple headquarters on a mutually agreed upon date.

Article Link: Tim Cook Coffee Auction Ends with $610,000 Bid

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Even if I were a billionaire, wouldn't waste 610.000 dollars to meet tim cook.
Maybe i'll start a scholarship program.. But hey its his/her money, hope the coffee is good;)

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I'm so sick of reading about this. Who cares? Tim isn't going to reveal anything interesting and we will probably never know what it is if he does.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
Even if I were a billionaire, wouldn't waste 610.000 dollars to meet tim cook.
Maybe i'll start a scholarship program.. But hey its his/her money, hope the coffee is good;)

If you were a billionaire, you wouldn't need to.

But, if you wanted publicity, or actually cared about the charity that will be supported, you just might.

If, however, you were the head of some sort of startup that needed exposure, this might be a great chance.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So glad that didn't close on my bid of $608,000.... I didn't have the money. :rolleyes:

Dang, I was just about to bid $610,001. Their loss..:D

"Because the bidding totals ran so high with bidders clamoring for a moment in the spotlight, CharityBuzz was forced to implement bank qualification terms before additional bids could be placed, which slowed bidding considerably."

So I can assume you guys have $600,000 to throw around ?

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
I'm so sick of reading about this. Who cares? Tim isn't going to reveal anything interesting and we will probably never know what it is if he does.

You're missing the point.

The news here is that exposure to Tim is valued that highly, which says something for the company. Despite having a higher market cap, do you think someone would care that much about meeting the CEO of Exxon?

----------

"Because the bidding totals ran so high with bidders clamoring for a moment in the spotlight, CharityBuzz was forced to implement bank qualification terms before additional bids could be placed, which slowed bidding considerably."

So I can assume you guys have $600,000 to throw around ?

No, they thought they were putting in pre-orders on the new MacPro. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.