Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage6.png
Apple has updated its iMovie for Mac software with some bug fixes and stability improvements.
What's New in Version 9.0.9

- Addresses issues where iMovie does not recognize video cameras connected to your Mac
- Improves compatibility with projects imported from iMovie for iOS
- Includes stability improvements
iMovie is available on the Mac App Store for $14.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: iMovie Updated With Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Maybe I'm being optimistic, but this is a .9 release.

Since this is a .9 release, maybe this is the final update for iMovie '09, before iLife '13 is introduced? :eek:

(Or maybe .11 will be the final update, a la OS X Tiger -- or maybe I'm jumping the gun.) :p

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Who are the other two people? I use iMovie every week and it works well for my needs. While today's update isn't all that dramatic, I'm glad that they're still paying some attention to it.

Well, I found one of the three! :D

But, yeah, it's a good thing they're paying attention to this. It'd be much better if they were paying attention to their #2 "Top Paid" app a little more, though. It is selling in HUGE amounts. D:

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
iMovie 6 still fine

I don't make a change just for the sake of making a change. iMovie 6 works just fine for me...intuitive unlike the newer editions...no problems...too many jump to the next version just because its new. New is not always better...Here is an example personified.

Last edited by a moderator:

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I don't make a change just for the sake of making a change. iMovie 6 works just fine for me...intuitive unlike the newer editions...no problems...too many jump to the next version just because its new. New is not always better...Here is an example personified.
Do you still ride a horse? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
People always talk about how Apple has seemingly abandoned pro users. But in the case of iLife and iWork apps, doesn't the lack of major updates make it seem like Apple has mostly working on mac apps at all? We're still getting OSX updates and updates to things like iTunes (mostly because it's important to mobile sales). I would think that Apple would want to put at least some effort into the mac apps just to keep parity with the iOS versions, if nothing else.

Sad considering that Apple used to use new versions of these to show off the mac.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
I just wish they would fix their crappy video output quality. I can take a beautiful 1080 video and iMovie will butcher it so it looks like some VHS tape.

Adobe premier elements will output it fine.

Byrnes3969

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2009
new version, new version, new version, new version 60p support, mts support, better rendering, 64 bit, time remapping, PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
Well, I found one of the three! :D

But, yeah, it's a good thing they're paying attention to this. It'd be much better if they were paying attention to their #2 "Top Paid" app a little more, though. It is selling in HUGE amounts. D:

Well iMovie is #11 in the Top Paid, which is not bad at all.

It's #17 in Top Grossing just in front of Autocad ($899) so that should mean that iMovie sold at least 60 copies at $14.99 each :rolleyes:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Well iMovie is #11 in the Top Paid, which is not bad at all.

It's #17 in Top Grossing just in front of Autocad ($899) so that should mean that iMovie sold at least 60 copies at $14.99 each :rolleyes:

Battery Status achieved #14 in top paid with about 1K downloads in a day, so I'd imagine iMovie is bringing in over 1K downloads per day on average from the MAS alone... IDK whether Apple still distributes it in any other way (IE, preinstalled on new Macs or on disk.)

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
does it offer RED support? Will it in the future?
I hope it does, I really want to buy a Red Dragon to film my cats. I have two and they deserve top notch resolution but I need a decent non-linear editor to handle the pure awesomeness, unlike fcpx.

peppespizzapie

Suspended
Jul 5, 2010
does it offer RED support? Will it in the future?
I hope it does, I really want to buy a Red Dragon to film my cats. I have two and they deserve top notch resolution but I need a decent non-linear editor to handle the pure awesomeness, unlike fcpx.

Well if you can afford a RED camera i guess you wouldn't be wining here about iMovie :D
So lets call it bluff

----------

All 3 people who use iMovie will be glad.

And yet another mister "know it all". If you save long enough maybe even YOU can buy a copy, that makes you nr 4 !

Byrnes3969

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2009
Well if you can afford a RED camera i guess you wouldn't be wining here about iMovie :D
So lets call it bluff

----------

And yet another mister "know it all". If you save long enough maybe even YOU can buy a copy, that makes you nr 4 !

Ka-Pow!! Nice!

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
So lets call it bluff

----------

I already have it, it came free with my Macbook Air. :|

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.