Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie today announced the Juice Pack Plus, a new 2100mAh battery case for the iPhone 5. The case is the third that the company has released for the iPhone 5, though this new $120 case has the largest battery of the three.

The $80 Juice Pack Helium has a 1500mAh battery, and the $100 Juice Pack Air has a 1700mAh battery.

mophiejuicepackpro.jpg
The mophie juice pack plus is made for the user who puts their iPhone 5 through the paces morning to night, maxing out features, apps, video, email and web browsing while on-the-go. The case features a 2100mAh battery, translating to an added 120 percent of extra battery life and offers the most power of mophie's battery case solutions for the iPhone 5 to date. For protection, the juice pack plus' dual-injected sleeve is engineered with a shockproof band and anti scratch guides to help buffer the impact of falls.
Like the other cases, the Juice Pack Plus uses a microUSB cable to charge.

The Mophie Juice Pack Plus is available for $120 in black, white and PRODUCT (RED) from Mophie's website and elsewhere.

Article Link: Mophie Introduces New 2,100 mAh iPhone 5 Battery Case

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
I like having a brick in my pocket. Actually, I have no desire for a battery case on my iPhone 5 like my other iPhones. The iPhone 5 has a great battery.

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
Buy it in a heartbeat, if they came out with the belt clip for *anything* in their iphone 5 series. I cant deal with my iphone in my pocket. PLEASE!

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California

jasonmac21

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
I bough a 2200 mAh battery back on ebay for I think $30 (it may have been $35). I've had it for about 4 months now has worked perfectly. No problems at all. Why anyone would spend money on a Mophie is beyond me.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Anyone know if this is available at Apple retail stores yet? I bought the $100 one maybe three weeks ago, I want to return this one and upgrade to the new $120 case. Also I know their return is usually two weeks, they know me well and also take my returns, I've returned iPads more than a month old while opened and used before

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Last edited:

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
Anyone know if this is available at Apple retail stores yet? I bought the $100 one maybe three weeks ago, I want to return this one and upgrade to the new $120 case. Also I know their return is usually two weeks, they know me well and also take my returns, I've returned iPads more than a month old while opened and used before

Not sure if it's in stores yet, especially as they've just announced the JPP, so best bet is just to return it to the Apple Store to get your refund and hold the money until the JPP is available to by through Apple, or just order from Mophie directly.

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
I am using the Lenmar Meridian 2300 mah battery case. I got it for $70 from Amazon. I a love it so far. It has more than doubled the battery life on my iPhone.

This is what I usually get w/o the case

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368655336.993775.jpg

And this is what I get with the case

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368655370.459206.jpg

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
ARGHHH.

WHY DO THEY KEEP MAKING THE BOTTOM EVEN LONGER THAN IT ALREADY IS???

The iPhone it too tall. Far too tall. Making it taller is terrible design.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
My Helium already has a hard time fitting in my pockets. I can't imagine this other than in a man purse or backpack.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Thanks to the Mophie Juice Pack Air I have on my iPhone 5, it doesn't feel so tiny.

It has the nice tactile soft touch surface that does _not_ pull lint out of my pocket, and it's very comfortable due to the convex back.

Run times are amazing, yet I give them credit for going big and building this newest model for those who do flights across the globe and back in a couple of days as many international business execs do.

When I go abroad three or four times a year, my flights are not as close together. Nonetheless I've been using Mophie's for some time now, they are just terrific. Fit finish and function fit for Apple. :)

----------

Why do they use micro USB to charge an iPhone case? Why not use Lightning which was made to out-perform microUSB?

Simple really, "Lightning" is 3 parts hype, 1 part performance :)

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
I bough a 2200 mAh battery back on ebay for I think $30 (it may have been $35). I've had it for about 4 months now has worked perfectly. No problems at all. Why anyone would spend money on a Mophie is beyond me.

I don't understand why anyone would spend $700 on a smartphone and then roll the dice on a product that will have questionable warranty and/or customer support, especially when said product has the potential to do significant harm to the phone's internals if it has any serious problems or wasn't properly designed.

I see it as $70 worth of piece of mind that if something does go wrong, it will be sorted out in a timely manner and to my satisfaction. Not to mention that the fit and finish of Mophie's stuff is fabulous IHMO.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Waiting for the 1,000,000 mAh Mophie Nuke Booster. Sure, it adds 20 pounds and contains hazardous radioactive materials, but it runs an iPhone for 100 years without needing a recharge ...

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
View attachment 412393

I've never gotten upwards of 5 hours from my iPhone 5, 9 hours is amazing :eek:

I am with you there, i want apple to produce its next iPhone twice as thick, so that the battery lasts a full day.

Apparently only people who have the iPhone as a fashion statement (only getting it out and turning it on to "WoW" the unwashed masses) seem to get a full day out of a charge.

----------

Waiting for the 1,000,000 mAh Mophie Nuke Booster. Sure, it adds 20 pounds and contains hazardous radioactive materials, but it runs an iPhone for 100 years without needing a recharge ...

Sold !! take my money !!

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Not sure if it's in stores yet, especially as they've just announced the JPP, so best bet is just to return it to the Apple Store to get your refund and hold the money until the JPP is available to by through Apple, or just order from Mophie directly.

That's probably the best idea but can't, or just don't want to, go another day without my Mophie. As someone who uses their iPhone a lot and had to charge during the day nearly everyday it truly is a great product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.