Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeonTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
when I turn my ipod touch 90 degrees (CW or CCW) the screen and keypad to not switch to wide view. It does happen some (maybe 10%) of the time. Am I turning it wrong?

1.1.4. ipod touch 8GB ziphone broken

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I find my iPhone responds much more consistently if I turn it while it's not horizontal -- it doesn't have to be vertical, but it isn't very sensitive in the horizontal plane. So try just tipping it up a little bit when you turn it.

linden

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
when I turn my ipod touch 90 degrees (CW or CCW) the screen and keypad to not switch to wide view. It does happen some (maybe 10%) of the time. Am I turning it wrong?

1.1.4. ipod touch 8GB ziphone broken

happens with me to. I find it harder to rotate outside.

DonkeyGuy

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Fliping ipod touches

:mad: it bugs the crap out of me!! mine wont turn at all!!!!! and im so used to the large ipad keypad, the verticle ipod touch is so small, so i try to turn it, but it doesnt work at all!!!! if anyone knows, plz tell me:confused:

avit

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Over there
:mad: it bugs the crap out of me!! mine wont turn at all!!!!! and im so used to the large ipad keypad, the verticle ipod touch is so small, so i try to turn it, but it doesnt work at all!!!! if anyone knows, plz tell me:confused:

Nice bump. Please make your own thread.

satanic

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
! sorry about my languge becuse i am not english.

you have to do this:
1.duble klick on home butten then go to right side ( music ).
2.there is a butten on the right.
3.push it.

now you can rotete tour screen.
:)
:)

Blah, blah, blah, and FYI

If the keyboard is up, it will not rotate, you need to tap done, than rotate

I just experimented on Notes (native) and Week Calendar (purchased) and it rotated like a dream in both with the keyboard up. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you have an app that refuses to allow rotation in that circumstance? If so, what is the name of that app?

FYI: The simplest way to verify if you have the screen rotation lock on or off is to look at the upper right hand corner of your screen to the left of the battery icon. If the lock is engaged, you wil see a circle arrow with a tiny lock inside it. I won't repeat how to disengage the lock as its been stated repeatedly in this thread.

Last edited:

pod5g

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
I just experimented on Notes (native) and Week Calendar (purchased) and it rotated like a dream in both with the keyboard up. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you have an app that refuses to allow rotation in that circumstance? If so, what is the name of that app?

FYI: The simplest way to verify if you have the screen rotation lock on or off is to look at the upper right hand corner of your screen to the left of the battery icon. If the lock is engaged, you wil see a circle arrow with a tiny lock inside it. I won't repeat how to disengage the lock as its been stated repeatedly in this thread.

The poster you replied to made the post 5 years ago. You know what the newest iPod touch was then? The original one. Newest OS? iPhone OS 1. Now? We're at iOS 6. Think before you reply to a five year old post.

kyle911

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2013
lock orientation

I think you are wise not to argue. Well done!

ppl i had this prob too for ios 7.0.4, its simple, firstly turn on your options in control center in settings,then lock your i"device, when locked slide it up for a variety of options you will see a lock a lock icon to upper right side of the screen,turn it off and your good to go :p

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
ppl i had this prob too for ios 7.0.4, its simple, firstly turn on your options in control center in settings,then lock your i"device, when locked slide it up for a variety of options you will see a lock a lock icon to upper right side of the screen,turn it off and your good to go :p

Also the OP's iPod is on 1.1.4

kevinmismith

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
I have the same issue but when I double click the home button and slide to the right I don't see a music icon.

Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.