Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
I have been reading the Wasteand area topics here on these forums. And there is some quality content there. Some of the best material gets the flick by the staff here. Such a shame. And by quality I don't mean only entertaining, some of it is people asking serious questions, others are very informative discussions that are long since out dated and dead. And there is a tiny tiny minority of unacceptable topics for these forums.

So I suggest if you want to read some of this forums better posts, hit the Wasteland area. In saying this I'm sure the most interesting and controversial topics are banned and removed from all general user visible parts of the forums. Which is a real shame. Quality content is lost that way.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Forum gold right here:
[thread]1582662[/thread]
[thread]1581625[/thread]
[thread]1579797[/thread]
[thread]1582398[/thread]
[thread]1571975[/thread]
[thread]1579359[/thread]
[thread]1575221[/thread]
[thread]1572310[/thread]
[thread]1572159[/thread]
[thread]1570842[/thread]
[thread]1568966[/thread]

Not that I'm saying every wasteland thread is trash, some certainly could have lived on in their respective forums just closed to replies. But, most of them are obvious spam threads that are only to draw attention. You also are welcome to report threads or use the Contact Us form if you disagree with moderation.

Edit: Darn... the thread titles don't display.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Forum gold right here:
[thread]1582662[/thread]
[thread]1581625[/thread]
[thread]1579797[/thread]
[thread]1582398[/thread]
[thread]1571975[/thread]
[thread]1579359[/thread]
[thread]1575221[/thread]
[thread]1572310[/thread]
[thread]1572159[/thread]
[thread]1570842[/thread]
[thread]1568966[/thread]

Not that I'm saying every wasteland thread is trash, some certainly could have lived on in their respective forums just closed to replies. But, most of them are obvious spam threads that are only to draw attention. You also are welcome to report threads or use the Contact Us form if you disagree with moderation.

Edit: Darn... the thread titles don't display.

Yes, I agree with you. The threads which you have posted represent pure, unalloyed, forum gold.

Now, the sort of reasoned, rational, mutually respectful debate (of the kind most often found on - let us say, the gun threads, or the abortion threads, of PRSI), are, of course, another matter entirely.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Forum gold right here:

I agree. Well shared. Read some of these already and I agree, pure gold.
We should have a "best of the wasteland sticky". So people can read this and have a laugh. Thanks for that.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have been reading the Wasteand area topics here on these forums. And there is some quality content there. Some of the best material gets the flick by the staff here. Such a shame. And by quality I don't mean only entertaining, some of it is people asking serious questions, others are very informative discussions that are long since out dated and dead. And there is a tiny tiny minority of unacceptable topics for these forums.

So I suggest if you want to read some of this forums better posts, hit the Wasteland area. In saying this I'm sure the most interesting and controversial topics are banned and removed from all general user visible parts of the forums. Which is a real shame. Quality content is lost that way.

Remember, what you see in the Wasteland has sometimes gone through extensive clean-up. :cool:

If there were multiple rules violations requiring lots of moderator time, and if we felt that the problems would likely resume upon opening it back up after clean-up (based on experience), it could end up in Wasteland.

But yeah, the threads are visible, and can be read.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Remember, what you see in the Wasteland has sometimes gone through extensive clean-up. :cool:

I am totally aware of this point. And it's ok, this is just the best of the leftovers after all that has happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.