Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keziapurrs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I sure wish Apple would make an iPod Touch with the capacity of the iPod Classic. I've had my Classic for years, and won't "upgrade" because of the storage limitations of the Touch. I keep just about all of my music on my Classic and wouldn't know what to leave off to size down to a Touch. I know it would cost an arm and a leg, but I'd be willing to save for it.

Would anyone else want one of these?

blknexxus

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2013
I've wondered the same

I love my classic, but would love even more a 128gig ipod touch with the cloud integration--that would be amazing. Can't figure out why Apple hasn't done that yet.

Mdwall

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Having made the return back to a classic after running out of space on a 32 gig touch, I would say that purely based on storage a resounding maybe. I had forgotten how much easier a classic is to use as purely a music player. I'd personally shell out more for a flash based classic than a larger capacity touch as the slight lag between it loading off the hdd is my only real complaint about the classic.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
My 160GB Classic still makes the daily drive with me to work and is used for 6-8 hours each and every work day. It's been my best friend for the past several years.

I have no idea if they ever will make a 120GB or 160GB Touch.

curmudgeon32

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
I had forgotten how much easier a classic is to use as purely a music player.
Agreed! Skipping tracks, volume and a lot of other controls are just way easier to do on the Classic touchwheel just on a tactile basis. Doing the same functions with iOS and a touchscreen is WAY more fiddly and requires a lot more attention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.