Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CQd44

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2009
Edinburg, Texas
I installed it on my Nexus 4. Google Music just needed an upgrade to get this started. I signed up. I then did the same thing on my Nexus 7 and it already knew I was signed up and was ready to go. I'll likely use it on the Nexus 7 the most because that's what I listen to music the most on.

Glad to know I'm not alone!

It's a great app; I love that I can stream my personal collection.

of course this app isn't for everyone but no one is making them use it :)

mmp1964

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
So the big news at Google Uh/Oh is a Spotify copy? There is nothing compelling here to make anyone switch from Spotify.

The UI on Google Play is much better than Spotify - it (Google) is more like Rdio. Spotify looks like an Excel spreadsheet.

zanderpants930

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2013
Awe.... did we hurt the poor Fandroid's feelings with the truth?

I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung) that's willing to innovate and bring new offerings to make me a happy consumer. Apple, however, sticks to their stupid two dimensional OS and refuses to let loose their software for a full consumer experience.

I simply just don't see how people can be mesmerized by pieces of crap.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung) that's willing to innovate and bring new offerings to make me a happy consumer. Apple, however, sticks to their stupid two dimensional OS and refuses to let loose their software for a full consumer experience.

Different strokes for different folks. And isn't it the point that it's great for an individual to choose for themselves what works best FOR THEM. The pissing contest is silly.

Like you - I have a Samsung (Skyrocket - but will probably be upgrading to the S4 after the summer). I've owned all the iPhones but I don't use them much anymore. I much prefer the bigger screen and several other personal benefits I've found with Android. One's that matter to me. Maybe not to others - but what do I care what others use their phone for?

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
I haven't been happier since leaving Apple. I actually have found a brand (Samsung)

Oh how easy it is to smoke out the Samsung fanboys. Tell us why you are still here and not over at an android site as by your own admission you no longer use Apple products.

Funny statement coming from the owner of a Samsung product!

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Oh how easy it is to smoke out the Samsung fanboys. Tell us why you are still here and not over at an android site as by your own admission you no longer use Apple products.

I sincerely missed the part where he said he didn't own any apple products. Wasn't he just talking about phones?

Also - just as an FYI/PSA - you don't have to own Apple products or even like Apple products to read and post here. It's not part of the forum rules. I don't think he needs to "justify" why he's here or why he posts. Unless that's also a forum rule I'm not aware of.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013

Funny statement coming from the owner of a Samsung product!

You mean you don't register on android forums to tell everyone how much you prefer apple??

/s

All jokes aside sometimes the ignore button is your best friend

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
Google Play Music All Access. Catchy name.

The name is "All Access" and is a part of the "Music" section in Google's Play Store. If we assume that Apple's radio service will be called iRadio, then it would be comparable to "Apple iTunes Music iRadio."

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008

MacRumors is now one of the best sites to visit for Android news...just look at this post about Music All Access for Google play. What does it have to do with Apple products?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I am loving this. A band that I bought several CDs from a few years back has a new CD out two days ago. I can listen to the whole thing without even buying it on iTunes now and even store it on my Nexus4/7.

I think this will be my most used service ever, even more than XM.

gluckett

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
Not a big fan of the subscription based services for media. Especially Music and Movies...
I'd prefer to buy and own forever. At $10 a month... or $120 / year.... it's a joke. I personally don't spend that much on Music in a year.
Frankly, imho, there isn't that much good stuff out there worth that kind of $$.

Hate to say it, but that's where it's headed. Even software is going that route now - see Adobe.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
The $7.99/month price attracts me as long as I sign up by 6/30. However, there is no iOS app, which makes me gawk at switching since Rdio has had me as a subscriber for well over a year now. I may try out the 30-day free trial though.

nep61

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2007
Hate to say it, but that's where it's headed. Even software is going that route now - see Adobe.

I know... Revenue steams are better if you get people to pay every month... The "buy once, own it forever" idea is NOT going to be around much longer.
Sad but true.

LogicalVue

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
USA (Maine)
The $7.99/month price attracts me as long as I sign up by 6/30. However, there is no iOS app, which makes me gawk at switching since Rdio has had me as a subscriber for well over a year now. I may try out the 30-day free trial though.

Same here, although I've been an Rdio subscriber for almost 2 years. I did start my All Access trial and I'm hoping that at least the Google Play web app is updated so that it works with All Access on iOS before my trial is up. I'd really like to have streaming access combined with the music I already have that is not available for streaming.

I also tried the gMusic app and although it does show All Access music that I've added to my Library, it can't play it, displaying an "Unable to play music" dialog.

LogicalVue

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
USA (Maine)
I also tried the gMusic app and although it does show All Access music that I've added to my Library, it can't play it, displaying an "Unable to play music" dialog.

The gMusic iOS app was just updated today and it now works with All Access!

Last edited:

jazzybest

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
I prefer iTunes as I like to own the songs, the quality is excellent and I can listen on any of my apple devices. I also don't need to rely on "streaming" service and internet. Best of all it works seamless. The music match service with iTunes also matches my non itunes collection on the cloud so I have it all backed up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.