Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
This is a simple Werewolves game. About 10 players are needed.

The rules are a throwback to the simpler days of Werewolville. Two (or three, if number of players permit) werewolves, a hunter (that protects -- can self-protect, cannot protect the same person consecutively -- but doesn't insta-kill) and a seer (that scans players, living or dead).

I am, however, throwing in a twist: the seer is telepathic. Every night, the seer can additionally send a message to any player in the game (via the GG -- in other words, the seer PMs the GG the message and who he/she wants it sent to, and if the GG approves, the GG will PM the player with the message). The player will not know who sent the message, and the seer is not permitted to name any names in the message. However, if the seer sends a message to a werewolf, the werewolves will receive the message and kill the seer (this overrides their choice for that night's kill, and also overrides the hunter's protection if he/she happens to be protecting the seer that night).

NOTE: Players are NOT permitted to post the messages publicly, but can allege that they received a message and what it says, in their own words. In other words, no cut-and-pasting!

The night action order is:

Hunter protects;
Seer sends message;
Wolves kill;
Seer scans.

PLAYERS:
  • rick snagwell
  • WoodNUFC HUNG, VILLAGER
  • Intell
  • Sythas WOLF MEAL
  • Moyank24
  • Don't panic
  • Twietee HUNG, VILLAGER
  • Scepticalscribe WOLF NIBBLE
  • Plutonius HUNG, VILLAGER
  • Tomorrow
  • Queen of Spades HUNG, WEREWOLF

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Sounds like my kind of game, but if another newbie would like to play, you may remove me from the game.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
What can I say? I'm in a very odd timezone (by US standards), as I'm in central Asia; that, plus work requirements mean that my posting will be erratic, but I'll try to adhere to GG deadlines.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Two (or three, if number of players permit) werewolves, ....

How do infections work this time?

And we're 10 people now, if I counted right, but assuming QoS is still interested (what about Mscriv?): are we waiting a bit longer? I'd say yes.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
How do infections work this time?

And we're 10 people now, if I counted right, but assuming QoS is still interested (what about Mscriv?): are we waiting a bit longer? I'd say yes.

No infections.

We'll wait a little bit longer -- I know Queen of Spades would want to play.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Roles has been handed out. There are three werewolves.

The game will begin in the daytime. Another small twist: the werewolves do not know who their teammates are yet. I will inform them once night comes. So for the first day, the werewolves do not know who the other werewolves are, and cannot PM each other.

Story post incoming...

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
"Captain! There be land!"

Little did the pirate know that there will be no further voyages for him. Or anyone else on the ship.

Through a coast shrouded by fog and horror, one could just see a pirate ship at the beginning stages of decay. There are no living souls aboard. Skeletons, both whole and scattered, litter the ship and the crash site the ocean chose for her.

If one is to count the skeletons, one would find that the count falls one short. And upon examining the skeletons, one would find bite and scratch marks from something far more fierce than any known predators on the land.

Why am I so hungry?

The former gypsy -- severed from family by a curse, forced to scour the countryside for food, both for the human body, and for something... else -- collapsed against a tree, contemplating suicide by hunger.

But the gypsy knew. He would not die of hunger before the night comes. And the thing that will emerge will ensure that he will not wake up hungry.

He has tried to stay in the wilderness, to keep victims constrained to critters and animals of the forest. Unbeknownst to him, however, there is a little-known small village in the clearing beyond the hills.

The beast inside him is eager for human blood. And the gypsy, too, is eager for human company. Those subconscious longings leads him unconsciously towards the village.

Damn it.

Another servant dead. What animal lurk around the grounds? No matter how many hunters he hired, they never find anything beyond the usual wolf, too timid to actively kill humans.

Yet his servants keep dying one by one.

One day, you will be found, and you will be a feast!

Little did the lord know that he, himself, is the culprit. Or rather, the beast lurking inside him waiting for a full moon.

"A dead body!"

The village is so small that one dead impacts the whole populace. As the mangled body was dragged to the village center, blood trailing behind, the village shook with anger.

They are ready to hunt.

Until they saw the ropes. The bruises from punches. And finally bite marks that tore the body apart and consumed the guts.

Trapped and restrained by a body. And consumed by a beast.

And they knew. And shook in fear.

Werewolf.

Voting begins... now.

Majority is 6.

May the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Roles has been handed out. There are three werewolves.

The game will begin in the daytime. Another small twist: the werewolves do not know who their teammates are yet. I will inform them once night comes. So for the first day, the werewolves do not know who the other werewolves are, and cannot PM each other.

Story post incoming...

Three? Three? Three? That is truly evil. A vast and epic evil clearly stalks the land......

Hmm. Time to put some thought into this.........who and what might it be?

For old times' sake, I'll start by throwing what is probably a totally baseless accusation at my old Francophile friend Sythas and let us see what transpires from this.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Dammit, it's always Plutonius! But now I can't vote for him or it will look like I'm bandwagoning.

I could vote for twietee instead for voting for my go-to, but even that seems too contrived to be believable.

I'll go with Sythas for now.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
first tally -

2 - Sythas - (Tomorrow,SS)
1 - Intell - (Pluto)
1 - WoodNUFC - (Mo)
1 - DP - (Sythas)
1 - Tomorrow - (Rick)
1 - Pluto - (Twietee)

yet to vote:

4 - Intell, QOS, WoodNUFC, DP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.