Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In an unsurprising announcement, Apple has confirmed that the keynote address for the Worldwide Developers Conference will be at the Moscone Center on June 10, the first day of the conference.

wwdc_2013_logo-250x239.jpg
The company did not disclose any speakers or agenda, but Apple CEO Tim Cook is expected to take the stage with other Apple executives to present new versions of both OS X and the iOS operating systems.

Prior WWDC keynotes have started at 10 AM Pacific time.

Tickets for the 2013 WWDC sold out in two minutes this year, an all-time record for the event.

Article Link: Apple Confirms WWDC Keynote Presentation Will Be Monday June 10th

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
MMXIII, just 2013, or maybe a hint of what's to come?

MacBooks
Mac Pros
X as in OSX
iPhone
iPad
iPad mini

You never know!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Who wants to guess no new hardware?

iOS devices have moved to the Fall it seems, so I wouldn't expect any of these.

iPods are always in the Fall, this trend hasn't been broken in forever.

Apple TV or iWatch isn't ready yet.

Macbook Air refresh maybe, since supply constraints have been observed. Haswell for mobile is due out soon, but not for desktop.

Last edited:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Who wants to guess no new hardware?

I don't think that will be the case. We'll definitely see the next version of Mac OSX and we'll see iOS 7 previewed too. But I'm also pretty confident we'll see new MacBooks and the Mac Pro may even show it's face. Apple will likely leave the iPhone 5S, iPad 5, iPad mini 2 and new iPods for another event later in the summer.

Mostly hoping we see the new Haswell rMBPs on 10th as I'm in line to buy myself one!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Hopefully they'll live stream it as demand is clearly very high and I really enjoyed being able to watch the last keynote through Apple TV. It was nice to sit on a sofa and enjoy the keynote rather than finding dodgy live footage from some obscure website somewhere. Or just watching a bunch of text and images update on a monitor.

adeedew

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2005
They've been so quiet this year w/ new products etc. don't know what's going on w/ apple but alot of folks are jumping ship to Samsung. That's scary. Not sure why they're taking such a chill approach

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2012
1pm for WWDC and 9pm for the Playstation 4 E3 conference in est. Sounds like a great day.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I wonder if they will stream it live this time, considering the unprecedented demand.

I really wish they did this; it is actually useful for developers, too.

The developer state of the union is another one that really needs live streaming.

In fact, they all do! This is where I envy Android devs - all I/O talks are available to stream live on YouTube.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I'd wager at the very least refreshed notebooks using Intels new architecture. Just like they did last year (as well as introducing rMBP)

It definitely seems highly likely we'll see new rMBPs on June 10th because it will have been a year since they were released - well, 15" at least.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
MMXIII, just 2013, or maybe a hint of what's to come?

MacBooks
Mac Pros
X as in OSX
iPhone
iPad
iPad mini

You never know!

Cook OFFICIALLY stated that hardware updates would not take place this summer but rather by the end of 2013/beginning of 2014. I think this WWDC is going to focus on iOs7. I def won't complain about that. Maybe MacBook refreshes but I doubt it.
Good idea though

----------

what's the likelihood of a new iphone being announced?

-0-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.