Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Hello guys. Well, a month ago i was deciding if i should change my Mini for an iPad 4. The problem was the mini was the screen size and resolution. I do a lot of Web surfing and i make presentations on university with it. So for me the iPad Mini was not the best choice.

After struggling with my mind i sold the Mini and bought today the 4. Couldn't be happier. The Mini is a great device but for me the 9.7 inches of the 4 are just perfect. And for me it has the same portability of the Mini, because i just put it inside my bag. Also the retina display is a pleasure to read on. Best decision ever.

Thank you!!!

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I had the 4, a Mini, and an IP5.

I am now down to just the 4 and IP5. I don't know why I even bothered with the Mini... it was just too much overlap and I didn't really use it.

Seeing as how the IP5 does 100% of what a Mini will do, it just doesn't make sense, and I see you have an IP5 as well.

The 4 is amazing and I don't even think I'd replace it with the 5 even if they get rid of the bezel, even though it will definitely be sexy.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Had my mini for several months and am now selling it as well. Already bought an ipad 4. Happy to be back to more real estate and the retina screen. Was a tough decision but the mini screen just did not make it for me. Will miss it's form factor though.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
just curious why you guys are selling the Mini? Is it because you already have the iPad 4? I just sold my Nexus 7 to wait for the new Nexus but when none was announced at IO I decided to try out the iPad Mini. Seems great...

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I'm thinking about this too, but not to get another iPad. There's just so much overlap with my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. The extra screen real estate is nice, but I don't find myself using my iPad all that much.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm thinking about this too, but not to get another iPad. There's just so much overlap with my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. The extra screen real estate is nice, but I don't find myself using my iPad all that much.

You had to have a reason to buy the Mini as well. Did something change after you bought it that you feel an overlap? Most everything on the Mini is great expect the screen for browsing though there are alternates, a different browser or maybe just use landscape. Is this one of the reasons as well?

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
You had to have a reason to buy the Mini as well. Did something change after you bought it that you feel an overlap? Most everything on the Mini is great expect the screen for browsing though there are alternates, a different browser or maybe just use landscape. Is this one of the reasons as well?

I think the mini is a great device, it's just that my iPhone 5 is just as great and fits in my pocket. So for instance, I'm on the couch watching TV now and surfing on Macrumors. What am I using? My iPhone. Why? Because it's always on me. And for this reason and this reason alone, my iPad gets a lot less use. If the iPad did something the iPhone couldn't, then maybe things would be different

Applefanboy8153

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
Hello guys. Well, a month ago i was deciding if i should change my Mini for an iPad 4. The problem was the mini was the screen size and resolution. I do a lot of Web surfing and i make presentations on university with it. So for me the iPad Mini was not the best choice.

After struggling with my mind i sold the Mini and bought today the 4. Couldn't be happier. The Mini is a great device but for me the 9.7 inches of the 4 are just perfect. And for me it has the same portability of the Mini, because i just put it inside my bag. Also the retina display is a pleasure to read on. Best decision ever.

Thank you!!!

And so......we are supposed to do what??? :rolleyes:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
suffer through reading this like how the mini owners crap all over the full size ipad every day here?:rolleyes:

Funny thing is put the Mini's specs on an android tablet at this stage of the game and very few would buy it regardless it has nice size and weight.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I dont understand all the iPad Mini hate. I love my Mini. I returned the iPad 4 several days after buying it and got the mini. Its easier to carry, the screen is fine, it fits in the car great and is the perfect size for GPS. I love it.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I really want an iPad Mini with Retina. I can imagine me using it a lot more than my iPad 3.

Saying that, I'm interesting in what Google has coming up with the new Nexus.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That is super! I love the iPad!!!11!!! You will be so happy. Retina is the way to go! I only have the iPad 3, but I do want a mini, with Retina.

aixporter

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2009

Thank you!!!

I second that. Just sold my iPad Mini on eBay and traded in for an iPad 4 + 100 dollars.

The portability with the mini was great... but has serious productivity issues in screen real estate. If you're just reading books / watching videos its totally fine. But when you want to write a decent email it gets really eye straining..

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
I dont understand all the iPad Mini hate. I love my Mini. I returned the iPad 4 several days after buying it and got the mini. Its easier to carry, the screen is fine, it fits in the car great and is the perfect size for GPS. I love it.

That screen is a step backwards for sure on the mini.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
i prefer the regular ipad in most instances, but my kids love the mini because it's easier to handle.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
sold mine as well, lucky i bought a 16 wifi, the sent me a 16 ATT so recouped all my 330.00 with the sale. waiting for the ipad mini 2 or the iPad 5.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

Thank you!!!

Why is your post in bold, italic and in center format?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.