Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
Hi,
I'm running a Macmini1,1 with Snow Leopard server successfully since last year, but when I try to run concrete5 CMS, I alway get problems with captcha support, because of the known Freetype problem in PHP 3 on SL.
So I tried to compile PHP new as described on this site:
http://www.gen-x-design.com/archives/recompiling-php-5-3-on-snow-leopard-with-freetype-support/
but I always run into
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
So I tried a different method from the net, but still same error. :mad:

So my question is:
Is it possible, to copy ready compiled PHP files from a newer Mac OS X or download a complete compiled PHP version from elsewhere to solve this problem?

Thanks, Mike

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
This is probably not quite what you're looking for, but I suggest giving a shot to Macports.
I'm in the process of setting up my webserver at home (never tried on OS X before) and it's been painless.

Basically, after installing Macports (requires the free XCode command line tools), you'd install the ports php54 and php54-gd.
Of course, assuming you already got a working Apache server on localhost, or you installed it as well via MacPorts (there is a Howto on their website for "MAMP").

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
Hmm, I'm already running a working Apache server with PHP, mySQL etc. since 8 months.
phpBB forum is running fine on it, also webtrees (php app). I only have problems with concrete5 + captcha. :(
Mamp is for installing a webserver on an client system, I think. I have SL Server.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
You seem to be having trouble installing FreeType, which is available on the GD module.
All I'm saying is that, via MacPorts I was able to get PHP 5+GD running (I think for either Selfoss or TinyTinyRSS) without any hassle.

MAMP is just an umbrella term for Apache+MySQL+Php, with the M being Mac (I think, and on windows it's called WAMP). I believe there is a "install it all" thingy but I always like the hardcore way.

Since you are already running the "trifecta" then I guess MacPorts is not for you, but in case you see yourself stuck, there is ditching your old php install in favor of a "fresh" MacPorts install, where you'll get whatever Concrete5 is, running.

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
PHP 3.x ready compiled?

Hmm, that means: no copying from a newer system - which was my question...
What a pity!

Last edited:

Carlson-online

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2004
Hi,
I'm running a Macmini1,1 with Snow Leopard server successfully since last year, but when I try to run concrete5 CMS, I alway get problems with captcha support, because of the known Freetype problem in PHP 3 on SL.
So I tried to compile PHP new as described on this site:
http://www.gen-x-design.com/archives/recompiling-php-5-3-on-snow-leopard-with-freetype-support/
but I always run into
So I tried a different method from the net, but still same error. :mad:

So my question is:
Is it possible, to copy ready compiled PHP files from a newer Mac OS X or download a complete compiled PHP version from elsewhere to solve this problem?

Thanks, Mike

did you run ./configure first ? and if so, did it give you any warnings ?

kryten2

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2012
Belgium
No, I didn't. Did only what was described in the link.

Yes you did.

Quote from the link :

Code:
cd /src/pcre
tar -zxvf pcre-7.7.tar.gz
cd pcre-7.7
[B]./configure[/B] --disable-shared --enable-static
make && make install DESTDIR=/src/pcre/pcre-local

Code:
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6
CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe -no-cpp-precomp"
CCFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe"
LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -bind_at_load"
export CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS CCFLAGS MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
[B]./configure[/B] --prefix=/usr \

Did you read the other's thoughts section from the link?

Beware of funny quote signs, and missing, or malformed dash characters above. The gist of this is correct, but don’t just copy and paste it.

At what stage of the process do you run into the error?

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
"sudo make install"

And I read about someone, who got the same error as I:
ca.: makefile not found, no destination...

What confuses me:
I also run a forum (phpBB) for 8 months and chapta runs with no problems there, without a modified php. :-/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.