Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emami.m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I was trying to pair my headset (Jabra BT2045 ) but accidentally pressed " Forget This Device. "
Now my iphone4 can't find the headset.
I had reset my network setting in reset option in iphone one time but it doesn't work.
How can I retrieve my device ?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Actually very easy. A little inconvenient, but easy.
Just go to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. This will undo the "forgotten" device and allow you to re-pair it. Be careful not to hit "erase all content and settings"..you just want to reset all settings. You will NOT lose any content or data, but u will lose all ur current settings. You will also lose ur icon layout. But that's about it. Much better then a full restored.

Reactions: Cameroncafe10a

emami.m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Actually very easy. A little inconvenient, but easy.
Just go to settings>general>reset>reset all settings. This will undo the "forgotten" device and allow you to re-pair it. Be careful not to hit "erase all content and settings"..you just want to reset all settings. You will NOT lose any content or data, but u will lose all ur current settings. You will also lose ur icon layout. But that's about it. Much better then a full restored.

Thanks sulpfiction.
Can you tell me the exact items that will reset ??
I want to write it down before reset all settings and set them
after resetting.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Thanks sulpfiction.
Can you tell me the exact items that will reset ??
I want to write it down before reset all settings and set them
after resetting.

You will lose all settings on the phone. Anything you left as default will remain unchanged, but anything you modified will have to be re-done. If you'd like to have a record of everything so you can go back and enter it, just take screen shots of all of your settings pages and you can go back and reference them if you need to once you reset it. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
There is no need to do a reset like sulpfiction suggests. Thats using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, and I'm not sure it would even work for you.

Just put your headphones into pairing mode again and search for them again on the phone, as already suggested earlier in the thread.

emami.m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I doubt this can be undone. Did you forget the password for pairing the headset?

There is no need to do a reset like sulpfiction suggests. Thats using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, and I'm not sure it would even work for you.

Just put your headphones into pairing mode again and search for them again on the phone, as already suggested earlier in the thread.

If you know my headset (Jabra BT2045) it doesn't have any pairing mode
or password entrance. Only on/off switch.
Now what should I do?

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Now what should I do?

Try reading your manual.

Put the headset in pairing mode manually
In case of unsuccessful pairing, put the Jabra BT2045 into pairing
mode manually . Make sure the headset is off . Press and hold the
answer/end button for approximately 5 seconds until the LED has
a constant light . The LED will flash before the light is constant –
keep holding down the button until light is constant . Then follow
the steps 2 and 3 above

Page 5: http://www.jabra.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_8CE7CAC18AC787C7D9B47B34E4E044AF55C80E00

Took me 10 seconds to google this and find out. All bluetooth devices will have a pairing mode.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Now what should I do?

I very much doubt that. Hold the power button for 5 seconds. It's in the manual. Took me 3 seconds to Google it.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
If you can't get the headset into pairing mode (as described in the manual I linked to earlier), then you have a faulty headset and there's nothing you can do with the phone to fix that.

emami.m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011

Try reading your manual.

Page 5: http://www.jabra.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_8CE7CAC18AC787C7D9B47B34E4E044AF55C80E00

Took me 10 seconds to google this and find out. All bluetooth devices will have a pairing mode.

Thanks everybody specially for helpful seconds ;)
I changed my headset and put it into pairing mode and problem solved,
without resetting all settings.

Shaer Singh

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2013
Thanx

A year later and this thread still helped me pair my Sony Ericsson BT headphones to my iPhone4.

Thanx guys
:)

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
A year later and this thread still helped me pair my Sony Ericsson BT headphones to my iPhone4.

Thanx guys
:)

I'm amused lately that it's often faster to use Google to learn how to use a new gadget than it is to open the gadget's instruction manual from the box.

I myself am guilty of having done this a few times.

TopconLPS

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
Earbud re-pairing after pressing forget device on Iphone

I had the same problems with Plantronics ear buds. I tried everything above and finally downloaded the Plantronics user manuel and pressed the correct BUTTON ( one only, once only) not all buttons repeatedly, problem solved. By the way, i'm technically retarded so this is quite an achievement for me.:)

Kelug

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2013
Reset

The only thing that restored my device was to reset all settings. Nothing else was successful. Just fyi.

Serra55

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
None Work

None of these tips have worked for me. I have reset my Apple 5c, I have my Jabra in reset mode, still doesn't show up. Any more ideas?

MaineSkin

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
I'm having the same issue with my Jabra. Also, I bought 2 of the same $30 Jabra Bluetooth devices, but they both will not sync at the same time. Is this possible? I hit "Forget this Network" thinking I could repair it later.

----------

All I had to do was compress the button and hold on the ear device and wait for the audio instructions. Thanks

divajane

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2014
2.5 years later

Thank goodness these threads are still here! I read through the threads and 1) realized my manual didn't cover the "forget" fixes (for aftershokz earphones)
2) couldn't find the manual online
3)decided to try the hold the button trick.
up and running now. won't make that mistake again!

Thank you all for your help!

D.mul

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2017
I very much doubt that. Hold the power button for 5 seconds. It's in the manual. Took me 3 seconds to Google it.
[doublepost=1491644004][/doublepost]I had same problem but did as user suggested and bang,all done great job,didn't know I could that,thanks a million

Frankelzie

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2017
I was trying to pair my headset (Jabra BT2045 ) but accidentally pressed " Forget This Device. "
I had reset my network setting in reset option in iphone one time but it doesn't work.
[doublepost=1499145144][/doublepost]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.