Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage10.png
Olloclip has released an official iPhone app to go with its popular 3-in-1 lens adapter.

It includes a number of shooting modes that can enhance or fix the distortions the Olloclip's lenses cause, as well as make it easier to shoot photos and video by manually controlling both exposure and focus.
FEATURES

Mesh Editor Tool - Conversion lenses can add an interesting curvature to your photos. Once the photo has been taken, use the Mesh Editor tool to adjust this effect.

Video Mode - This mode allows you to shoot comfortably and easily while using your olloclip to transform your field of view.

Normal Mode - Maximize on your olloclip lens system by using Normal Mode to capture your favorite images.

Macro Mode - Use Macro Mode to help set your focus when using the olloclip macro 10X lens.

Reticles - Use the reticles to adjust focus and exposure independently or together. Tap the icon to lock the two on any point on your viewfinder screen.
olloclip.jpg
Olloclip is a free download for the iPhone. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Olloclip Creates Photo App to Complement Its 3-in-1 Lens Accessory

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I ought to get one just for the macro lens, the iPhone has a great camera for general use but it is really hit-or-miss with close-up shots.

In fact, it was good enough to replace my Rebel XS*!

*Disclaimer: I mean that a cell phone's camera is finally not too crappy to replace most of that functionality for me. I got bored of trying to be an serious photographer long before I got an iPhone so it was really just overkill.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
There was already an app that did this called OlloCorrect, but OlloClip forced them to remove it from the App Store. I love my OlloClip but I'm not keen on the companies tactics.
http://www.hilolens.com/OlloCorrect/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.