Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
About two months ago, I applied for a position in Apple that seemed to fit me. I thought "this is my job", after the application.
And with huge astonishment after a month, I was contacted by an Apple recruiter who set a telephone interview.
I was not sure about my performance, but after one week the recruiter call me back saying that he wanted to arrange other two phone interviews.
I was so happy with that.
I finished with the interviews three weeks ago, but I have not received the feedback yet.
Do you know if Apple usually take long time to make a final decision on a candidate?
How should I deal with this situation?

The position is not in a store...

CySter

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
You could hear back any day.

Assuming all your interviews went well, I'm sure they told you it could be a few weeks before you hear back. If you're really concerned after a 4 week lapse, reach out to one of the individuals who interviewed you and ask the status of your application.

Good luck!

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
So, do you know if in Apple it is common waiting long time before having a feedback?
Do you know if they are used to send negative feedbacks as well?
And finally... yesterday I decided to do a linkedin connection request to my hr recruiter, but he hasn't accepted me yet. Do you think that it was a good idea doing this request?

I feel that the job position in Apple which I applied for, is my job and for this reason I am not considering other job applications.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
So, do you know if in Apple it is common waiting long time before having a feedback?
Do you know if they are used to send negative feedbacks as well?
And finally... yesterday I decided to do a linkedin connection request to my hr recruiter, but he hasn't accepted me yet. Do you think that it was a good idea doing this request?

I feel that the job position in Apple which I applied for, is my job and for this reason I am not considering other job applications.
Do you have a phone number or direct email address for the recruiter? You should contact them directly, not via linkedin or any other social service.

Also, calling the recruiter shortly after the interviews and asking what is next is not only acceptable, but a good idea. After all how interested are you in a job if you can't be bothered to call and inquire the status .

You could hear back any day.

Assuming all your interviews went well, I'm sure they told you it could be a few weeks before you hear back. If you're really concerned after a 4 week lapse, reach out to one of the individuals who interviewed you and ask the status of your application.

Good luck!
The only person they should contact is the recruiter unless one of the others said they were a contact.

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Do you have a phone number or direct email address for the recruiter? You should contact them directly, not via linkedin or any other social service.

Yes, I have his email and he wrote me to contact him for every questions.
Do you think that my linkedin request could have annoyed him?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Yes, I have his email and he wrote me to contact him for every questions.
Do you think that my linkedin request could have annoyed him?
Why would you go through linkedin when you have a direct email address? He may not have associated the linkedin request with someone he's already working with.

So why didn't you contact him by email sooner?

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Because I am really scared to annoy him.. But I am going to send an email to him by this weekend.

arnette

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2002
Manhattan Beach
I interviewed for a position in Cupertino. They are very slow to respond. If you don't hear anything after 2 weeks I think it's okay to inquire - so you're good to investigate.

If you only had one interview then I would say to expect to wait longer.

My process was two phone interviews, then a "no thank you" email. First interview was a month after I applied. Second interview came 2 weeks after the first. Bad email came a month after the second phone interview.

I was bummed at first, but fairly sure the position would have paid less than what I make now. And I've heard that Apple isn't as glamorous on the inside and realized I wanted the job mainly for the ID tag and business card.

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
. And I've heard that Apple isn't as glamorous on the inside and realized I wanted the job mainly for the ID tag and business card.

In my case, I don't want the position for salary... I believe that the job, which I applied for, is something perfect for me... it's what I would like to do in my life.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Probably because the recruiter is extremely busy...

I'd give it a couple of days.

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
I have high regard for the opportunity I had with apple and I don't want to lose it...

Last edited:

thesheep

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2006
Don't worry, I am certain your LinkedIn request will have no bearing on the application one way or the other. The outcome will just depend on stuff like how they assess you and the strength of other candidates. Best of luck!

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
With the peeks we've seen into their corp culture, I would think that Apple would be very calculating and suspicious when considering anyone for employment. Be sure to send the obligatory followups post interview but do not count your chickens before they hatch. Also, don't take it personally if this doesn't work out -- wearing desperation on the sleeve kills future opportunities.

spunkgarLEWII

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2013
Getting into Apple is like applying for Harvard or some Ivy League University. I have over 20 years of management experience and have always been given award after award, but would Apple hire a 40 year old? Not on your life. Seems Apple is only after teeny boppers and not real PROFESSIONAL people.

Sorrells08

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
I applied for apple on Sunday and woke up to an email monday asking me to call back

i called back and was given an interview she asked main questions about what made me want to work for apple and what was great customer care and i feel like i answered them pretty well but once i got to the technical question such as what was the name of the apple operating system i or what CPU meant i could not answer correctly she would pass my information to another recruiter and i may get a call in 1-2 business days , do you think that that will hinder me from getting the call back even if i have 7 years in customer service and technical support on cell phones ? also is it inappropriate to email your recruiter back????? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If you don't know the name of apples operating systems or what a CPU is I'm not sure this job is for you. These are not technical knowledge, but very basic knowledge (especially the one about OSX/iOS!)
Imagine going for a job at Microsoft and not knowing what Windows was called!

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Yes, that might have been the end of it.......as a person who often interviews people when we have an opening in our department, it is always good when people show that they have made their homework on what the company does, how is it doing, what are the core competencies, etc.
Not knowing what OS X is shows that you didn't bothered to at least visit their home page and learn a little bit about their product portfolio.

raistbranch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
apple has been very rude... I contacted the recruiter two times and he has never answered to me.

That's really disgusting.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
apple has been very rude... I contacted the recruiter two times and he has never answered to me.

That's really disgusting.

If that's your attitude, I'm sort of not surprised that they didn't hire you.

It's the real world and rejection is a part of life. Get over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.