Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moviecouple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have a large credit in my iTunes account. I can see the balance within iTunes of course, but can I check the balance from my iPhone to see if I can purchase music or apps? Is there a way on the iPhone or from the Internet?

mburke2000

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
This is how I found out how much I had.

Go to the app store.
Then go to featured tap.
Go to the bottom.
Your should see your account name. Sign in.
Once you hit done. It will show your balance under your log in name.

mmm chocolate

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
Has something changed?

So I've been trying to figure out how to see my iTunes balance without having to connect to itunes on my computer, and so far I can't find it.

Anyone want to help?

It seems they have made it even harder to find in a recent update, and why?

All I want to be able to do is see my balance on my 4s or iPad. You'd think that when I sign in in the App store or iTunes on my phone or iPad, it would be right there front and centre, but that is not the case. Confusing considering Apple tries to make things 'easier' most of the time.

mmm chocolate

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
It should still say ' Balance - $0.00 '

I had zero which is why it wasnt showing, i bought a 10$ card and redeemed it just to test it out...my account was using my credit card when i was pretty sure i had turned it off. Anyway, it didnt make sense to me that i was purchasing stuff recently but couldnt see a balance anywhere. Then i checked my cc statement and it all made sense.

So yes, you have to have money in the acct for it to show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.