Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Regez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Hi there everybody, I installed the app "Display Recorder" and when I clicked "restart springboard" in Cydia it re-springed, and just kept on re-springing and did not stop. I put my device into DFU mode until it ran out of battery then I booted it with redsn0w 4.3.5, and it is still re-springing! I will put my device into DFU mode again. Any help would be great, Regez.

Uninstall display recorder.

Jimbouie

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system :)

sammy0025

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks a lot, this is another user who used your method and solved it!

I created an account to this website just because I had the EXACT same issue as you and found a solution. You must download a program called DiskAid. Once that is installed, you go into your root folder, then Library, then MobileSubstrates, then DynamicLibraries, then delete the item called DisplayRecorder.dylib
This should bring it out of the loop and let you back into your system :)
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!

Winobie

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2009
Wilts UK
Thanks Jim!!! I was just afraid that I had to restore or something. But now no more! Thanks a lot and this fixed my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5. I am ALSO another person trying to use Display Recorder. Thanks a lot again for your fantastic fix!

Excellent, thanks. Audio recorder had mine in a pickle (ios5.1)
This got it going again, I just needed that folder directory and deleted the files through Phoneview app for Mac.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012

Provided the tweak/app supports mobile substrate, holding the volume up key during a respring/reboot will disable all tweaks. Then you can uninstall it from Cydia.

Try this if you or anyone else has this problem again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.