Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AT06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
It's June on the International Dateline.

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies:

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Photography forum tutorials:

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit Posts

Restoring Thumbnails in Photo Quotes (AutoTIMG Extension and Code Editing)

For One-Click Access, they are all here: Designer Dale's Google Docs Folder:

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post or download the Welcome file from HERE when you do. Both maintain all the formatting and links.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here **

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
"Partners" Statue at The Magic Kingdom

partnersd.jpg

Attachments

• Partners.jpg
    Partners.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 1,905

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Went to Grey Box Day today where the kids had a stall educating folks on how to identify, invite and keep native bats, birds, insects, frogs and lizards in your urban environment.

When we got up there in the hills to set up the fog was quite thick and looked magical, with visibility about 50 metres at most! Living by the coast, we don't get fog like that, so it was a novelty for us.

Canon 60D, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Last edited:

rchip

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
On a walk in Wales, taken with my Sony NEX 5n, with the 16mm pancake lens, f5.

8913877238_6db629f311_b.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Different view of Las Vegas...

Click for larger...

Camera: Canon T2i
Focal Length: 60mm
Exposure: 1/640th
Aperture: f/ 8
ISO: 100

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008

No fair that you can get that with no people in the picture...

This morning I went to Old Car City just north of Atlanta. It's a huge lot full of old busted and rusted out cars. In other words it's a photography paradise.

Old%20Car%20City%206-1-2013-26-XL.jpg

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
No fair that you can get that with no people in the picture...[/url]

Anyone can! I work there but I actually take most of my pics during my days off. For example, if the park is scheduled to close at 11PM, all the general areas will stay open until about 12:30-1AM. Guests usually rush outta the parks after the last parade or set of fireworks ends and it quickly becomes dead, with the exception of a few people who are slow to work their way outta the park and do last-minute shopping. A LOT of folk do their nighttime photography during these times and everyone is respectful of each other and do their best to not get in the way of others. Getting that "empty park" shot is a lot easier than people would expect.

If you come back down, hit me up. I'd be happy to walk around with ya and snap some pics!

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Old%20Car%20City%206-1-2013-47-Edit-XL.jpg

----------

Anyone can! I work there but I actually take most of my pics during my days off. For example, if the park is scheduled to close at 11PM, all the general areas will stay open until about 12:30-1AM. Guests usually rush outta the parks after the last parade or set of fireworks ends and it quickly becomes dead, with the exception of a few people who are slow to work their way outta the park and do last-minute shopping. A LOT of folk do their nighttime photography during these times and everyone is respectful of each other and do their best to not get in the way of others. Getting that "empty park" shot is a lot easier than people would expect.

If you come back down, hit me up. I'd be happy to walk around with ya and snap some pics!

Part of my problem is having the energy to stay out that late. :) I'll keep that in mind next time I go, though. I don't know when it will be. I kind of want to wait for the new ride in Fantasyland to be finished before I go again. That would give me something new to see, not that I saw everything when I was there.

rchip

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
8923990361_2f20e34951_b.jpg

I like this because you can just see forever! I took it walking up Scafell Pike, the tallest mountain in England!

Taken with Sony NEX 5N, 16mm lens, f13 1/60, iso 100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.