Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duxton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
So this is the problems that Im having now, ps4 is for playing game but my parents dont want me to buy. And my parents say if I dont buy ps4 I will get a ipad mini. I need opinion which one should i get..

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
A PS4 will cost more than an iPad Mini, and you'll still have to buy 60 dollar games. Is there any reason why your parents don't want you to by a PS4?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Need a tablet, get the iPad, want to play console games, get the PS4. They serve very different needs, its apples and oranges. It really depends on what you want the most.

duxton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Do you want a tablet or a game console?
i want a tablet and a gaming console but Im only allowed to buy one

----------

Need a tablet, get the iPad, want to play console games, get the PS4. They serve very different needs, its apples and oranges. It really depends on what you want the most.

is there any tablet is for gaming and for work?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
i want a tablet and a gaming console but Im only allowed to buy one.

Only one of your choices will do both. Which do you want more?

Windows 8 Pro tablets are full-fledged computers, but they will cost as much as a PS4 and Mini. However, Windows 7 tablets like Samsung Series 7 Slate are pretty affordable.

I assume you already have a computer that plays games, but if the PS4 satisfies a desire that your computer currently doesn't then a tablet that plays the same kinds of games, albeit not as well, won't either.

Maybe this is a cost issue for your parents, in which case a grand for a W8 Pro tablet may be out of the question unless you can prove a reason why it is better for schoolwork than your current computer is.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
All tablets can play games, though not the quality and depth of console games. As mentioned the full fledge win8 tablets run the desktop OS so that opens the door to computer games, though I don't know how well they work on a tablet, i.e., GPU may be anemic compared to desktop GPUs.

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
Mini by a long shot.

PS4 is for losers that still play video games and are over the age of 30. Don't become that person.

Seriously though, it is far better to own something you can hold in your hands. This gives you far more flexibility in what you choose to do with it.

I recommend you stay away from anything Windows. You may enjoy it for a little while but will ultimately regret this decision. Apple devices are rock hard in terms of hardware. The software is designed to work flawlessly even with many years of abuse. Don't be a victim.

iPoopeh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Well it really depends on how much of a gamer you are...

I'd say get a Mini for now, and wait a year or two to jump on the PS4. It's never good to buy hardware during it's first year. [Remember back to the first year of the 360/PS3....]

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Mini by a long shot.

PS4 is for losers that still play video games and are over the age of 30. Don't become that person.

Seriously though, it is far better to own something you can hold in your hands. This gives you far more flexibility in what you choose to do with it.

I recommend you stay away from anything Windows. You may enjoy it for a little while but will ultimately regret this decision. Apple devices are rock hard in terms of hardware. The software is designed to work flawlessly even with many years of abuse. Don't be a victim.

Lol funniest post ever. Unless you like playing games with graphics from 10 years ago on a clumsy touchscreen, avoid iPads as serious gaming devices.

OP depends what you wanna play. Usually it comes down to titles and what kinda games u wanna play. Anything decent like gta 5, bio shock infinite you're not gonna find on iOS anytime soon. Sme great titles on iOS though, they just aren't console quality. KOTOR came out recently which isn't too bad.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra

Wow, since when do video games make someone a loser? Someone is judgemental.

At the OP, these are totally different devices. There's almost no crossover between the two, apart from both play (completely different) games.

The PS4 will almost certainly be much more expensive than a mini. One is extremely portable while the other is not. One is set up for home entertainment and high fidelity video games, while the other is set up for mobile computing and some games.

This is like asking "should I buy a car or a boat?" Both move, but they're totally different. Which one will you get the most use out of?

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
ipad mini let you take it anywhere..in the public restroom….or spend time with your girlfriend….you will get lucky one. Girls only look for boys with iPad mini to go out for a date. iPad can be used for gaming and work too. PS4…in the public restroom? nope….go anywhere? nope Girls hate boys who play too much with PS4. Girls dumped boys with PS4 easily. :apple:

Adibobea9

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2007
Buy an iPad mini and Wii U. The PS4 will be super expensive and the Wii U has better games anyway. Best of both worlds...

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
ipad mini let you take it anywhere..in the public restroom….or spend time with your girlfriend….you will get lucky one. Girls only look for boys with iPad mini to go out for a date. iPad can be used for gaming and work too. PS4…in the public restroom? nope….go anywhere? nope Girls hate boys who play too much with PS4. Girls dumped boys with PS4 easily. :apple:

Girls always go for the larger package, they don't settle for "mini"... :):D:apple:

tazz3

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
The PS4 won't be out till nov this fall that's a long time.
I just got the ipad4 and I will have the ps4 this nov.
Do you have any game consoles now ? If so get the mini

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012

Shame on those losers who enjoy interactive entertainment, and using their brain! Respectable people stick to mindless TV programs filled with commercials.

If enjoying Bioshock Infinite, and Gran Turismo 5 makes me a loser, then I guess I am a loser. One with his own beachfront condo, a fast car, and a beautiful girlfriend.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Mini by a long shot.

Can't tell if troll or doesn't realize how asinine that sounded.

on topic, if your parents still control what you buy (lol) then you don't have a choice.

and console gaming isn't worth it anymore, games are overpriced, always online BS and lack of support for used games, among many other faults.

PC gaming all the way, now that consoles are screwing you over with DRM and all that, there's no reason for them. The only good current gen console is the Wii U, at least you own that console as opposed to essentially renting it (with the PS4 and Xbox One)

so get a mini if you want a tablet, if you want gaming, upgrade your PC, assuming you have one.

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
The only good current gen console is the Wii U

Who are you calling asinine? I really hope you are not over 30.

I actually owned the Wii U for like a day or two and went back and returned it and bought two iPads. Waiting for things to load for more than 10 seconds made me feel like I was being treated as if I was 12. My time is important people! Have never looked back since.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

I actually owned the Wii U for like a day or two and went back and returned it and bought two iPads. Waiting for things to load for more than 10 seconds made me feel like I was being treated as if I was 12. My time is important people! Have never looked back since.

you must have a thing with people over 30 or the number 30. Your time can't be that important seeing as you post here.

OP, I would disregard anything this kid has to say.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Next week, Monday, Sony will hold a pressconference about the PlayStation 4 and they will - hopefully - give us all the details about the PS4.

I would at least wait until they held that press conference.
Apple will have a press conference earlier that day, too.

srkmish

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2013
you must have a thing with people over 30 or the number 30. Your time can't be that important seeing as you post here.

OP, I would disregard anything this kid has to say.

Ha ha ha. Very true. He still has the time to come back and reply to comments that offend his ego.

----------

Why are you comparing a dedicated gaming console with a media consumption device. And if you cant wait for more than 10 seconds for things you love, then you really dont love gaming to being with. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.