Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lia77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi!

I have a stop-motion project that I am about to finish in imovie. I would like to burn a dvd and wonder if somebody could please give me some advice on how to get a DVD copy with as good quality as possible?

I recently installed Roxio Toast and did a try the other day to burn a dvd. Resolution wise it looks OK, but I think the colors aren´t at all as good as when I watch my imovie project on the computer. Also the contrast isn´t as strong. Is there any way of improving the quality when it comes to color/contrast?

As for now, I just imported the imovie project through the media browser into Toast and from there I just chose "automatic" and "best" setting when burning the dvd

Is there any other way to do this so the quality of the dvd would be better? Would I get better image if I let´s say would go via a professional software such as FCP, and burn a dvd through dvd studio pro? Would it be worth investing in that? I have spent a lot of time on this project and really prioritize getting a good dvd copy so I can send it to film festivals...
It´s mostly a hand made clay animation project, so I am not very good when it comes to the technical part of all this..

Thank you in advance and happy easter!

Lia

AccieFan

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
Scotland, UK
Burning DVD's

Hi Lia

Did you manage to find a decent programme that allows you to Burn DVDs from IMovie projects? I read that Toast doesnt work too well on Lion and I am looking for something that works and is easy to use - any ideas?

Thanks

AccieFan

Hi!

I have a stop-motion project that I am about to finish in imovie. I would like to burn a dvd and wonder if somebody could please give me some advice on how to get a DVD copy with as good quality as possible?

I recently installed Roxio Toast and did a try the other day to burn a dvd. Resolution wise it looks OK, but I think the colors aren´t at all as good as when I watch my imovie project on the computer. Also the contrast isn´t as strong. Is there any way of improving the quality when it comes to color/contrast?

As for now, I just imported the imovie project through the media browser into Toast and from there I just chose "automatic" and "best" setting when burning the dvd

Is there any other way to do this so the quality of the dvd would be better? Would I get better image if I let´s say would go via a professional software such as FCP, and burn a dvd through dvd studio pro? Would it be worth investing in that? I have spent a lot of time on this project and really prioritize getting a good dvd copy so I can send it to film festivals...
It´s mostly a hand made clay animation project, so I am not very good when it comes to the technical part of all this..

Thank you in advance and happy easter!

Lia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.