Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
I have my main iTunes library housed on an external hard drive (called 'iTunes') that is connected to my Airport Extreme router. I want to be able to back it up onto an external hard drive ('iTunes backup') that I plug into my MBP periodically.

I set up a scheduled task to automatically do this when the drives are both visible on the system, but when I plug in my 'iTunes backup' external drive to my MPB, the task does not begin. The only way to make it backup is to manually start it.

I know this is a little counterintuitive to backup a network drive to a local drive, but is this something CCC or Mac OSX cannot do? Is there a setting I need to tweak to make the automatic backup occur when the backup drive is connected locally?

Thanks!

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
So you don't think it can be set to perform the backup automatically when the drives are connected? I can trigger the backup manually, but it's just more convenient when it is automatic.

Thanks

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
You can, trough 'Scheduled Tasks (Command + S)' in your Carbon Copy Cloner.

Again ... I tried scheduling a task to automatically backup the source drive when the destination drive is connected, but it wouldn't automatically initiate. I have to trigger it manually.

m9740

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2013
Can you edit the scheduled task? eg. adding files to be backed up? As I understand editing sheduled tasks is not possible and that makes ccc really hard to work with, or have I missed something here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.