Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
I use to care so much about what Apple would bring to the table at WWDC, but this year I couldn't careless, only enough to make this thread. Seems all the focus is on the hottest Androids and they keep bursting with features. iOS 7 looks to be the same old boring UI, which so many people have left for Android or Windows phone.

I know A LOT of people are waiting to see what iOS 7 is like, and that is going to be the determining factor whether or not they return. I don't see iOS 7 being the lifesaver that Apple is counting on.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
At this point in the game, does anyone still care about iOS or the iPhone?

Nope, nobody cares.

iOS 7 will be a complete failure, and no one will ever buy an iPhone again.

And to be serious...yes, I, for one, care about iOS 7 and the iPhone.

My life does not revolve around it, but I am interested.:D

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
My life does not revolve around it, but I am interested.:D

I too share those sentiments.

----------

I don't see iOS 7 being the lifesaver that Apple is counting on.

I don't think Apple needs saving. As long as there's iPhones there will be people buying them. WWDC may not be as exciting to some this year due to the fact they won't be showing off any new hardware.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I use to care so much about what Apple would bring to the table at WWDC, but this year I couldn't careless, only enough to make this thread. Seems all the focus is on the hottest Androids and they keep bursting with features.

Your individual expectations, experiences, and anecdotal ideas about what the public and iPhone users want and or are tired of are fairly meaningless. There are lots of people who are looking forward to WWDC and iOS 7 with great anticipation. The iPhone still retains 41% of the smartphone market, which is pretty huge when you think about it since the market has only been expanding and Android caters hugely to emerging and inexpensive markets, while Apple almost exclusively does not.

iOS 7 looks to be the same old boring UI, which so many people have left for Android or Windows phone.

First off, you literally know nothing about iOS7 and its UI except what the rest of us have been told, and that is that it's going to be a pretty heavy redesign with a focus on a "flat" UI. How that translates into "same old boring UI" I can't even fathom.

Your comment about so many people leaving for Android and Windows phone is interesting; Apple increased it's share of the smartphone marketplace over last year. Android increased the most, but so to is the market expanding and as I mentioned before, Android caters to markets that Apple has so far not bothered with.

I know A LOT of people are waiting to see what iOS 7 is like, and that is going to be the determining factor whether or not they return. I don't see iOS 7 being the lifesaver that Apple is counting on.

Since you already know everything about iOS 7 why not just tell them what they're in for so they can make their decision now? I don't think that Apple is looking for a "lifesaver" right now; they may be looking for some new innovations to keep their base happy and might even start trying to steal some of Android's emerging and inexpensive phone marketshare, but Apple is hardly doing poorly right now. The essence of your argument is flawed.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Seems all the focus is on the hottest Androids and they keep bursting with features.

Yeah they have some pretty cool "gimmicky" features that I will admit are cool I hardly used them when I was on Android, but that won't hurt Apple in the long run.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
You care, I care, we all care for Apple Care... wait that's not it...

I scream You scream, we all scream for ice-cream... hmmm...

Who cares... :apple:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
They haven't pumped it up yet. I don't really care until after its announced. Even then my excitement is minimal at best but I still care at that point.

Unfortunately I'm on a 4S so I think I'll be left out on some features but depending on what they are I'll be upgrading.

Surfheart

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
I had an S3 for awhile and you know what? Stuff all those Android "Features"

My phone was constantly way behind the most recent Android updates unless I wanted to go through the headache of rooting it.

The "Features" were for the most part ugly, inconsistent, janky and worthless.

The whole OS of that phone was terrible; laggy scrolling , inconsistent UI across system apps, the whole hardware "back" and "menu" button paradigm was confusing and behaved inconsistently.

You may feel that iOS is "dated" but it's sleek and smooth and consistent and does everything a modern smartphone OS needs to do. (apart from letting me choose default apps!)

In my opinion android is still catching up.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The one who says he doesn't care, actually WRITES a post to say so. :rolleyes:

Fess up man, you are afraid IOS7 is gonna break your Droid.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
The one who says he doesn't care, actually WRITES a post to say so. :rolleyes:

Fess up man, you are afraid IOS7 is gonna break your Droid.

Well, I won't say the "one", because out of the millions of happy iPhone owners and users, Mrbobb is "the less than one in a million". Ouch, percentages can be so painful in the full light of day.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Wasn't aware that Apple was dying or in need of a lifesaver. Sure the Galaxy is cool but it's not nearly enough for me to part ways with my IPhone. So fat I've heard plenty of my friends discuss how cool and awesome the Galaxy is, yet when upgrade time hits they ran right for the iPhone 5.

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
BlueMoonForever said:
same old boring UI

How exactly can a user interface be boring? I've never been able to understand this claim. How is Androids user interface not boring?

I'm interested by the way. I am considering making the 5S my first iPhone.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I had an S3 for awhile and you know what? Stuff all those Android "Features"

My phone was constantly way behind the most recent Android updates unless I wanted to go through the headache of rooting it.

The "Features" were for the most part ugly, inconsistent, janky and worthless.

The whole OS of that phone was terrible; laggy scrolling , inconsistent UI across system apps, the whole hardware "back" and "menu" button paradigm was confusing and behaved inconsistently.

You may feel that iOS is "dated" but it's sleek and smooth and consistent and does everything a modern smartphone OS needs to do. (apart from letting me choose default apps!)

In my opinion android is still catching up.

I keep hearing THIS ^

I have to say, all those people can't be wrong. I have experienced the lag and the confusing menu system while playing with some of the devices in store and from friends. My assumption as to why Android has blown up is for two reasons - it was the next best thing to those that couldn't get an iPhone when it was AT&T only and lastly, it's on hundreds of devices. iPhone is 1 device. Not hundreds.

Having said that, I am eagerly awaiting what WWDC has in store for iOS. This year, iOS 7 and/or iPhone 6 is going to be a make or break for me. Apple needs to make some changes to maintain what it has and excel it forward. If it does not, people will start looking elsewhere, such as myself.

I do not want to honestly. I love my iPhone and the interface but come on already. Give us some cool new features, hell, give us features we've been waiting for - forever.

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
I really don't need to re-itererate what everyone else has said here to the OP.

Yes, people still care about the iPhone and yes we are waiting to see what iOS 7 looks like - I for one cannot wait to see what it has in store for us developers as we need to adapt our apps accordingly.

Unfortunately I cannot get to WWDC this year - so I will be following all live feeds that I can, come next week Monday. :cool:

Also, since you don't know what iOS 7 will look like - you cannot make any comments based on it.

andrewpturko

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
Given that this could be the first time the iPhone's UI is changed in a major (yet subtle) since the launch of the original iPhone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
If we didn't care we wouldn't be reading this thread or macrumors. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother commenting.

Android is so out of it everyone will be leaving it not matter what the cost and effort. Gee does that make you feel better?
Only the 550,000,000 thread by someone who thinks they know what the whole world thinks.

If they never came out with an IOS7 people would still be buying iPhones by the millions.

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
I think the ability to hide all posts and topics created by users below a certain age would be a great addition to macrumors. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.