Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
sxuG6i1.jpg

This flat trend's really catching on. I just noticed this today with Snapchat's version 5.0 update today, the new camera UI looks exponentially nicer than what was there before and I was wondering why you all would think if iOS 7's Camera.app took a similar approach. (Ignore the shot of my room in the background, I'm typing this all in bed)

OafTobark

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
I knew there was going to be a thread on MR for this... I think the same exact thing!! Is there something in the camera UI we can't notice? Looks shockingly real... Like I'm looking thru my phone. Love the simple design and flat colors.

Thank you for the thread, glad I'm not the only one who thought this as soon as I saw it!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Still quite skeuomorphic. Camera icon is a picture of a physical camera. Flash icon is a lightning bolt. 3d cube in the corner, no idea what that means.

Overall I just hate how people have the idea that there is some sort of linear scale that ranges from flat <-> skeuomorphic.

It does look way better though. I never understood why apple used those ugly transparent rounded buttons on the camera - they use them nowhere else in iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.