Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Fashion Show Apple Store, one of Apple's earlier stores opened in 2002, is set to undergo a major expansion that will nearly triple the store's square footage, reports ifoAppleStore, taking it from 3,900 square feet to over 10,000 square feet.

As ifoAppleStore notes, the store sits in front of the Fashion Show mall's key feature: a lighted stage where fashion shows are held every weekend. The expanded store, which will also boast a storefront almost four times as big as the current store, will be more ready to accommodate the mall's 13 million annual visitors at the busiest part of the mall.
fashion_show_move_2013.jpg
Image via ifoAppleStoreIn the photo above the size of the expansion is visually apparent, with the red showing the original store and the purple indicating the expansion space. The yellow indicates the temporary store Apple will open until the expansion's construction is completed in September.

In recent years, Apple has been focusing on building new Apple Stores across the world while also expanding existing stores to increase square footage and accommodate increased foot traffic. In May, Apple revealed that it is seeing an average of 250,000 visitors per store per quarter, up from 170,000 in 2010.

Article Link: Las Vegas' Fashion Show Apple Store Getting Major Expansion

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
I was just there. The outside of that outdoor mall was covered in surface ads. It was pretty funny how useless it was. There were 3 of the exact same ad stacked on top of each other. I guess that's just how Microsoft works.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting. Of course, unless I have to, I avoid going there on weekends, like the plague.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting. Of course, unless I have to, I avoid going there on weekends, like the plague.

The three Vegas stores are packed shoulder to shoulder at all times of the day. They can use the extra space.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Finally. The current store packs you in like a sardine!

BTW, the stage isn't just used on the weekends. Every day it pops out of the floor in hourly intervals.

Last edited:

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
I was just there. The outside of that outdoor mall was covered in surface ads. It was pretty funny how useless it was. There were 3 of the exact same ad stacked on top of each other. I guess that's just how Microsoft works.

If you google it, you will find a video of Microsoft launching Surface from the Fashion Show platform. They had models walking out holding the Surface. When they were done the announcer told people to go to the opposite far end of the mall to find the Microsoft kiosk and purchase a Surface for themselves. Meanwhile, Apple enjoys that prime real estate in that mall every day.

iCole

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
I was there about a month ago. There were Surface ads everywhere but at only one small stand could I find the Surface. I couldn't even really test it without being stalked by MS employees. Very annoying.

I did find the Apple store to be a bit pathetic compared to other Apple stores. Good thing they are expanding.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002

For years the big ad screens, especially the ones in front, played non-stop Apple ads.

Looks like they still do it on the pillars of the canopy, anyway:

http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/2010/100416-fashion-show-mall.jpg

I guess MS paid more haha. BTW: They don't HAVE to run the exact same thing on all 3 screens at the same time - I've seen them do other stuff! That's totally up to the advertiser lol.

OTOH, the Las Vegas strip has a bit of a uh.. one-up game on who has the biggest sign with the most pixels. The wynn one was great in that it moves xD The animation with the fairy that pushes the sign is still one of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/99g5f-tcfS8?t=41s

lol wait that isn't the same one. oh well

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting.

I feel the exact opposite - I vastly prefer the customer service at the bigger stores. I suspect the employees are the best of the best at them since they're exposed to the most potential customers (you wouldn't want your store with the most potential customers to have the worst staff.)

Thinkman12345

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2013
About time!

Being my Apple store of choice in Vegas, it often feels like I have to walk on the heads of other customers to get to my destination. So this expansion is really good news! As with all Apple stores I've been in, the sales/genius staff at Fashion Show are amazing - even though they are often running themselves ragged trying to help customers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.