Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iwasbored3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Quick YouTube video of a notification center prototype I made for fun, even though it's not that realistic. What do you guys think? :)

Last edited:

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
Tbh while I prefer the current panel drawer I also like your concept. It opens up different possibilities

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
I really like the panoramic wallpaper!

I feel that your concept, while its very good, would be laggy on older devices like the iPhone 4. I like the sliding down method that we have right now, but I love the simplicity of yours. :)

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I don't quite get it...are you swiping up or just tapping on the top?

I kind of prefer the current way mainly because there isn't really any reason to leave part of the app showing if you can't interact with it. Also if it is a new gesture it could interfere with the currently running app...

Personally I want the canvas material background gone, swipe to dismiss and context aware app widgets (Music controls when a music app is running, runkeeper stats when RK is running, download info if you have an app downloading something in the background, timer widget when you set a timer, etc.) That would be the ideal notification center in my opinion.

Plus something better than the 20 pixel clear button that never works on the first tap...and then you have to hit it a second time.

iwasbored3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
I don't quite get it...are you swiping up or just tapping on the top?

I kind of prefer the current way mainly because there isn't really any reason to leave part of the app showing if you can't interact with it. Also if it is a new gesture it could interfere with the currently running app...

Personally I want the canvas material background gone, swipe to dismiss and context aware app widgets (Music controls when a music app is running, runkeeper stats when RK is running, download info if you have an app downloading something in the background, timer widget when you set a timer, etc.) That would be the ideal notification center in my opinion.

Plus something better than the 20 pixel clear button that never works on the first tap...and then you have to hit it a second time.

I actually agree with everything you just said. The idea here would have to be a swipe in from above the screen to open the panel, kind of like it's currently implemented in Mountain Lion's Notification Center, where you swipe from outside the touchpad from the right to open it.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
The way it opens isn't the issue. The lack of apps actually using it and putting important notifications in it is the issue.

j0han

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Sweden
i would like to see the notify center to be more like Android's, to be able to archive mails from the Notification Center etc :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.