Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I would like a flatter redesigned OS, but at minimum, I would like the option for a more advanced setting menu. I want more control over things. Like app spacing, default locking times etc. I should be able to choose how long I want my phone to stay awake for. I should be able to have a quick menu to change brightness, sound, Bluetooth, etc.

The simple OS as it is now is fine, and stable, but its time they allow us more control to customize. Only one more week to go.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Another feature would be syncing push notifications.
If I new a FB message on my desktop client after it had been pushed to my phone, it should automatically "mark as read" and vanish. Same thing happens with GMail App.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
Another feature would be syncing push notifications.
If I new a FB message on my desktop client after it had been pushed to my phone, it should automatically "mark as read" and vanish. Same thing happens with GMail App.

Yeah this is super annoying when I have a laptop, desktop, iPhone and iPad. My email/twitter and whatever else should automatically update each other when something is read. This would be my number 1 annoyance right now.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
new UI
new Lockscreen design, this huge arrow from 2007 is freaking ugly by now
API for the Notification Center
and a toggle panel to enable / disable certain things like bluetooth
"Open with ..." Settings
UNLIMITED apps in one folder
revamped multi tasking tray, it looks hideous with those app icons just sitting there

and everything else mentioned before :D

Bonestle

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Darwin
Mine is a pretty simple hope/wish.
I would like the ability for multiple contributers on shared photo streams.
My wife and I just had our first child on Saturday - a beautiful baby girl - and as we live on opposite ends of Australia to our families I've been using a shared photo stream to show off our new addition.
It would be great if I could add my wife as a contributer so she could share her own photos into the same stream. I would foresee it working similar to how you currently add people except with admin levels: view, edit etc.
At the moment she emails me her photos for me to add. It works but I think it could work better.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
Most important: Enable file handling. With that, the iPad could actually be used for productivity like working on documents.

I think we'll see some improvements here since Tim said at D11 that they put more priority on the creation space (vs. consumption).

shangnom

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
heres a take that addresses some issues. probably too extreme of a change for apple though.

1370551595_web_ios7_3.png

1370551971_web_ios7_6.png

http://www.behance.net/gallery/iOS7-Imagined/9165375

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Mine is a pretty simple hope/wish.
I would like the ability for multiple contributers on shared photo streams.
My wife and I just had our first child on Saturday - a beautiful baby girl - and as we live on opposite ends of Australia to our families I've been using a shared photo stream to show off our new addition.
It would be great if I could add my wife as a contributer so she could share her own photos into the same stream. I would foresee it working similar to how you currently add people except with admin levels: view, edit etc.
At the moment she emails me her photos for me to add. It works but I think it could work better.

AGREED! My sister had two baby girls last summer, and now we have 5 photo streams going (my sister's, her husbands, my mother's, my own, and my sister's mother in law's).

If we could just all contribute to the same one, things would be so much easier.

adityashah1989

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
1. Mission Control (Airplane mode, Wifi, Bluetooth, Torch on/off switch in notification centre)
2. Better multi-tasking bar (elaborated view, option to close all apps at once)
3. Option to reply and delete emails & text messages from notification centre
4. Ability to add unlimited apps in one folder by giving an option to scroll within a folder.
5. Improvements in iMessage (faster, more stable & reliable, also seperate the app from text messages and add option for a display picture & status updates to create a sense of a community along with option to make iMessage groups)
6. Multiple people can add images to a single photostream
7. Option to change default apps
8. Better & more reliable apple maps
9. Improvements to Siri
10. Themes

So basically I got most of my requests:

1. Got it as Control Centre
2. Got it, except for kill all apps feature.
3. Surprised they didn't put this in iOS after providing it in OSX.
4. Got it.
5. Well not really, major disappointment.
6. Got it.
7. Nope, never expected it to be honest.
8. Yet to see, probably.
9. Some what.
10. Nope, was a long shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.