Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Ive had this little problem for a while, and would be so grateful if any of you guys can help me come up with a solution.

I'm using Logic Express (until I can afford Pro at least) and while all my pulgins and Soft-syths work fine (example Symphonic Orchestra etc) I cannot seem to get SampleTank 2 to even show up in Logic Express.

Ive made sure that it's showing up in the library folder, but is there anything else i can do? Im really stuck!

Thanks in advance

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Maxiseller said:
Ive had this little problem for a while, and would be so grateful if any of you guys can help me come up with a solution.

I'm using Logic Express (until I can afford Pro at least) and while all my pulgins and Soft-syths work fine (example Symphonic Orchestra etc) I cannot seem to get SampleTank 2 to even show up in Logic Express.

Ive made sure that it's showing up in the library folder, but is there anything else i can do? Im really stuck!

Thanks in advance

You would probably have a little better luck with this question in the digital audio section of this site.

You may already know this, but, Logic only accepts AU plug-ins. And not only that, Logic will be picky about which AU's it accepts. A lot of times an AU needs to be updated for it to work in Logic.

So, check your "componants" folder in HD>Library>audio>plug-ins is there a sampletank plug in there?

it will say something like "sampletank.componant" check also your VST folder while your there. Is there a sampletank.vst file in there?

If you have only the vst version of this plug, then you can use a "wrapper" which is an adapter that will give you AU versions of your VST plugs. Google search VST to AU adapter.

Also, check the IK multimedia website to see if Sampletank even comes in AU format. And if it does, check if there is an update for it.

Good luck! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.